Tuesday, April 2, 2019

No Breakfast Again

Because Curtis is helping watch Grandma & Grandpa Maui while illness makes its rounds through their household, we skipped breakfast again this week. Which means I did my usual sunrise walk this morning. On the drive up I passed Ona & Rio; when I saw her later she said give a quick honk & she'll wave at me! She was the only regular I saw this morning while walking. During my cool down stretches I saw Kavita walk by; I also saw the White Cockatoo fly up the ravine towards the tree behind Michael's house while I was looking for the source of the siren. I'm glad the siren did not show up at Maunalani.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Seven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

CNA Venus was getting Dad changed & trying to get him in to the wheelchair when I arrived at his room; he did not want to leave his bed. He had breakfast in bed. Dad ate half of 1/2 fried egg sandwich, all of his apple banana, but none of the papaya. He drank 240 ml of Breeze supplement.

Yesterday I found out that Mr. Kaneshiro did not go to the emergency room last week; it was someone else but I don't know who. Mr. Kaneshiro was actually moved to Dad's floor; he & Mrs. Kaneshiro now share a room in the long-term care ward! A much happier outcome! Unfortunately, Mr. Inouye's name tag disappeared from his door today; he may not be coming back, but due to HIPAA laws I will probably never know why.

Sunrise yesterday was at 6:42; by the end of the month it will be 6:01. It has been changing about a minute every 1 or 2 days for most of the past month; for April it will change about a minute each day. Since I reset my Fitbit alarm almost every day to go off at 1 hour before sunrise (for when to wake up) and 25 minutes before sunrise (for when to leave the house) it has been easily do-able. The earliest sunrise will be on June 1st at 5:48; it will remain at that time for almost 2 weeks before it begins to get later again.
(Screen shot from www.timeanddate.com)

During my mid-morning walk I met Sharon; she knows about the Manu-o-Kū & has seen one fly over her house! Sharon lives near one of the trees that I think may be the nest tree. She will let me know if she sees it again, especially if she sees it going to a specific tree. Sharon is now the 5th person in the area that I walk around in that is helping me look for the Manu-o-Kū. (The count does not include Siri.) She has also heard the White Cockatoo a few times near her house.


Lunch today was Pork adobo, Steamed rice, Succotash, Garden salad, Chilled diced pears, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich but none of his diced pears; he drank all 240 ml of his Breeze supplement.


During my afternoon walk I didn't see any cats. Or Manu-o-Kū. Or cockatoos. It was a lot hotter than earlier, as usual. I didn't see anything unusual during my cool down stretches either.


The 2nd new frond on the hāpuʻu is growing well! (The 1st one died back after unfurling; I don't think it liked being knocked over & having less water prior to the hāpuʻu being planted out.) The frond is about twice as tall as it was yesterday. I moved one of the emitters so that it is above the top of the frond; it will continue to keep the frond moist as it grows, though I may have to be moving it daily until the new frond is taller than the existing fronds.
04/01/19. I did not measure its height yesterday.
04/02/19. The frond was 8-3/4" tall today.

I saw the Shy Cat (#1) again this morning; I got a photo of it near the cat door in the garage door which is at Mike's house. I'm not sure if Shy Cat belongs to Mike or just hangs out in his driveway. A short while later I saw a medium-length haired white cat at Koa & Kuma's house (#5).
Shy Cat by garage door with cat door to the far right.
Cat #5 at Koa & Kuma's gate.

I have been emailing with Lance, one of the regional data reviewers for eBird. After some discussion with him, he thinks it is more likely that I actually saw a Eurasian Skylark rather than an American Pipit. I had looked at the link to the skylark when I was originally trying to figure out what it was; the description and photos did not look like what I saw. But after Lance's suggestion, I checked other websites and found better photos, including one taken in the state that looks like what I saw! I will keep looking for it again and try to get a photo of it the next time.

Last night Luna was trying to ambush me in the hallway to my bedroom; she waited just inside the doorway. But S'mores spoiled it by attacking her from behind instead!
S'mores getting ready to pounce on Luna.
Luna & S'mores after the ambush.

I've been wondering if the chills, muscle aches, and fatigue I am feeling is from my body adjusting to a low carb diet. Michael said the "keto flu" usually occurs the first couple of weeks of going on to a low carb diet; I'll have to pay attention and see if that's what's happening.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Monikka!

No comments:

Post a Comment