Thursday, April 4, 2019

Real Roommates Eat Quiche!

I made dinner tonight because all The Roommates were going to be home at a time close to the dinner hour. Since we had smoked salmon, and they like my quiche, I made smoked salmon quiche. I also made low carb peanut butter cookies. They also ate those & liked them.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies. The quiche disappeared too fast for photos!

It was a great morning walk! There was a pleasant breeze for most of it. I walked past Cody & Rollie as they were on their way to the park; Cody was very well behaved this morning. As I started on Lurline, I saw Steve in the distance just starting his walk. Just before the end of my walk I ran in to Steph; we stopped and talked. A lot. So much in fact, Steve was finishing off his loop around the circle and walked past us! We also saw Kathy, who just returned from a month long trip to Italy; which is why we had not seen her for a while. Then Caroline & Olive walked by.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Young avocado fruit.

Dad was sitting in the Plumeria Dining Room having breakfast with Mrs. Akiyama and Mr. Watanabe. He ate about 2 bites of his fried egg sandwich, a couple bites of papaya, and all of the apple banana. He also drank all 240 ml of the Breeze; I need to remind the CNAs about eliminating the supplements for now.

There were 2 guys from the elevator company working on it today. I asked them if they were there to fix the problem with the doors where they close partially & you have to open them & close them again. The guy opening up the panel said, "If you were 80 years old, not everything would work exactly right either!" I was thinking, I wasn't 80 years old yet and some things were already not working exactly right!

I had to take another detour on my route during my mid-morning walk today. They were delivering trusses to the new house that is being built across from the park; the delivery truck was parked in the middle of the road. Since they would be swinging the trusses over the sidewalk all pedestrian as well as vehicle traffic was not allowed through the area. Cars could back up and go around on Lurline, but the bus just had to wait; I saw it at the stop at the top of the hill about 25 minutes later.





During my cool down stretches after my mid-morning walk I was in just the right place and the sun was shining at just the right angle to light up a bright red spot in the tree in the center of the lower portion of the lower parking lot. There was a Red-crested Cardinal sitting on a nest in the tree! I watched it for a while, I saw it turn the eggs. I hope to be able to watch it as the eggs hatch out and the young grow & fledge.




Lunch today was Salmon croquettes, Steamed rice, Malibu blend veggies, Garden salad, Brownie, and Egg drop soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich, half the brownie, and drank 120 ml of regular juice.


I skipped the afternoon walk. I was fatigued today from the very start of the day. I was falling asleep in the dining room while I was sitting with Dad; that was about 8:30! Then when he got back to his room, I also fell asleep; about 9:30! I took a nap again after lunch. And I was feeling tired when it was time for me to be getting ready for my afternoon walk. And I had a slight headache. Which might be from the keto flu, but I took it easy this afternoon and concentrated on making dinner.

The hāpuʻu is doing great! The 2nd frond is starting to unfurl; it was 13" tall at mid-morning. I also noticed that the 3rd frond is also beginning to grow! I also saw some new growth on the oldest palapalai that was struggling. The 2 young palapalai are still looking good.




Last night one of the cats peed outside of the Cat Genie again; The Roommates are still not sure who is doing this.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Brian & Israel! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #16 to Maria & George!

No comments:

Post a Comment