Monday, April 29, 2019

Must Keep Moving

It was a little rough this morning, but I kept my self moving to overcome the stiffness. All joints have synovial fluid which is like a lubricant for your joints, which includes your spine. When I started my walk this morning it was a chore to keep moving. But by the time I was completing the circle, about 0.4 mile, I was moving much better. I had less pain & stiffness, my stride was also longer. The only down side was that the Kōlea are gone; there was not a single one on my walk this morning. I saw Suzette, Caroline & Olive, and Lorraine while I was walking; Kelly drove by, I am assuming he was on his way to work since there was no surfboard in back of his truck. I saw Ken and his dogs, The Dog Pack, and Rosie & Daisy as I was doing my cool down stretches. As I was leaving I saw Matthew & Bo Derek.
Three minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twenty-seven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

The hāpuʻu and palapalai were doing great! The 2nd & 3rd new fronds had opened up nicely and the 4th one was about 10" tall (I didn't measure it). One of the old fronds that I had noticed that was sunburnt was getting browner, it will need to be removed once it has died back completely. And even though I also need to trim the dead fronds out of the oldest palapalai, all 3 of them are growing well.
Hapuʻu with 2 newly unfurled fronds.
New frond beginning to unfurl.

Because the Terminix technician was supposed to be at the house between 8 and 10 I left right after doing my cool down stretches. While I waited I got a lot done; Luna dropped a bunch of Mom's papers so I restacked them and attached the bins to the table top with Quake Hold, I cleaned off the breakfast counter, and sorted through last week's mail and newspapers. Ten o'clock came and went and no Terminix technician. So I cleaned out my suitcase and put things away that I had left in it yesterday; it is now ready to be reloaded with things to go back to Kohala. With the help of The Potential Most Favorite Roommate I also picked 10 papayas. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate said he was not working today and could wait for the Terminix technician so I decided to eat lunch since I would miss it at Maunalani. I left a little after 12 noon, the Terminix technician still was not there. Obviously I had to skip my mid-morning walk.
Luna & Sʻmores check out the papers Luna dropped.
All picked up.
Ironically, I found this among Momʻs papers; it is dated 2016.

It started to drizzle as  was on my way up, then it poured; apparently there are flash flood warnings for the island. I saw Mrs. Iseri almost as soon as I got to Maunalani, she was just leaving the dining room. I also saw Mrs. Moody, she was with Ken out by the Wellness Center Courtyard.


There was a Code Red on the 2nd floor shortly after I got there. I'm not sure who it was because I didn't recognize the room number. I guess I'll find out later.

I skipped the afternoon walk also. I decided not to push my body since I also fell asleep shortly after getting to Maunalani, which told me I still needed to rest. And it also rained.


Dinner was Pork loin roast, Steamed rice, Succotash, Lemon meringue pie, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate all of his half tuna sandwich and half of his pie. He drank most of his orange juice but not any of his water at dinner; he had about 100 ml before dinner. One thing we discovered during the Care Conference last week is that we need to be letting the CNAs know when we give him water; they keep track of all his fluid intake not just at meals.


I saw Sʻmores using the Cat Genie this morning! So now we have proof that she knows what it is for, she has no excuse for peeing or pooping outside the box.
Sʻmores is using the Cat Genie. Yay!
Luna the Voyeur?
No! Luna the Ambusher!

Maunalani is looking for more CNAs and LPNs. They are giving a sign-on bonus. So if you know of anyone looking for a CNA or LPN job, give them the info below.

During my weigh-in this morning I found I had lost 1.5 pounds over the last 10 days. I think a lot of that is due to having less food options available so I eat healthier! We'll find out more on Friday morning when I do my next weigh-in. My goal has been to lose 1 pound over a 2 week period; theoretically I should have lost 34 pounds by now. I have only lost 10.9 pounds or about 1 pound every 6 weeks. I want to lose at least 13 pounds and see if I feel less sluggish than I have been. If I'm still sluggish, I will go down another 10 pounds.

By the way, the Terminix technician never showed up.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Diana!

No comments:

Post a Comment