Tuesday, April 9, 2019

On the Mend ... Slowly

I could really feel the hill on the last part of my morning walk; it appears that I'm not quite fully recovered from deconstructing the cat run yet. Or maybe its the keto flu. In either case, it made the last part of my walk up the hill a little more tiring.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was still asleep when I arrived at his room at about 7:45. CNA Venus got Dad ready for breakfast & actually got him in to his wheelchair. He shared a table in the Plumeria Dining Room with Mrs. Pang and ate half of his fried egg sandwich, half of his papaya, and all of his apple banana. Later we went out to the Wellness Center Courtyard to look for Popokilani. She wasn't there so he ended up just looking at the scenery; he also noted that the mango tree was going to have a lot of fruit this year. I was surprised that he could still identify the mango tree and also that he could still connect having lots of flowers with later having lots of fruit!
Enjoying a cup of coffee at breakfast.
At the Wellness Center Courtyard viewpoint.

On the way in Dad decided he wanted to stop in the Castle Living Room and ended up doing some exercises with the group. He was sitting next to Miss Kasahara, Mom's friend and fellow educator from Liholiho School. Dad stayed until it was time for Namaste, which he went to and stayed until it was time for lunch. He did a lot today!

My mid-morning walk was pleasant; the tradewinds were blowing nicely. I left a little later because I was talking to Marcus from the kitchen; he started walking 3 days a week a few months ago. Now Marcus is walking every day! He lives near us and said he saw me in the yard a few days ago. Because I left later, I shortened my walk by skipping the circle & the park. I saw Tom with Mero & Jellie as I was taking the shortened route by the park; he'll be taking off next week to help his father, Eugene, who will be moving here in June.


During my morning walk I had repositioned the sprayers for the hāpuʻu; they were on when I walked by at mid-morning. The spray pattern looked good, covering the central portion of all the fronds and also hitting most of the palapalai.


Popokilani was waiting outside the namaste room; she wanted me to follow her to her bowl and feed her. When I didn't she came over to get pet.

 
Lunch today was Cheeseburger on bun, Hawaiian coleslaw, Banana pudding, and Seafood chowder. I left the bun and ate the burger like a lettuce wrap. Dad ate out on the lanai; he ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich and the banana pudding and drank all of his Breeze supplement for 100%.



I skipped the afternoon walk to give myself a break and more time to recuperate. I had been feeling fatigued since the morning; I kept falling asleep while sitting with Dad at breakfast. I also fell asleep while sitting on the lanai with him at lunch. I am getting to be just like the residents here, falling asleep in the middle of a meal!

As he was on his way home The Roommate Who Likes to Washes Dishes texted, "Accident again maybe?" and the following photo. DT replied, "Hmm I did hear some tires skidding earlier" We never did find out exactly what happened. Translation: We weren't curious enough to walk down the street and gawk at whatever it was that happened.
(Photo by The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes)

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Aunty Daisy on her 90th birthday!
(Photo by Scott)

Today would have been Xander's 5th anniversary of living in Hawai'i. He was the first cat to move here and loved being an only cat until Chibi showed up a little over a year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment