Sunday, April 7, 2019

Must. Eat. Protein.

That's what I was feeling this morning when I finally woke up. I was still recuperating from the cat run deconstruction this morning. But since there was no loud work going on next door, I got some really good sleep so I am feeling much better! Except I felt like I needed more protein. So I tried one of the meat bars that I picked up the other day. I like this brand!

After I finally woke up, I spent much of the day balancing checkbooks and keeping hydrated. I set my phone to beep every 15 minutes; I would drink 8 ounces of water each time it went off. Which meant I used the bathroom about every hour or so. But I didn't have a headache today!

To break up the monotony of balancing checkbooks, drinking water, & peeing, I also cleaned out things from the refrigerator & emptied the trash. I DO NOT recommend using Glad ForceFlex Plus kitchen bags. The things they do to it to supposedly make it stretch to fit more just acts like a dotted line where you are supposed to tear along! I was only trying to use the drawstring to close up the bag before I threw it out and it ripped! The Potential Most Favorite Roommate has had the same thing happen to him; he bought this box of bags and says he is never buying them again.


I had to drop some paperwork off at H & R Block today so I stopped in at Whole Foods to pick up some salad kits and sausage since I had eaten all of the kits I had gotten previously. What I like about their house brand of salad kit is that they give you nutritional information based on salad only and also salad plus the toppings.



I ended up getting Field Roast sausages because although Whole Foods carries Applegate Organics meat products they do not carry the sausages. If you're not familiar with Field Roast, it might be because they are vegetarian sausages. As far as a no meat sausage goes, Field Roast is one of the better ones; but I like the Applegate Organics real meat sausages better.


I opened up another dark chocolate bar for us to sample. It is a Trader Joe's 72% cacao bar. I have not tried it yet so I don't know how it tastes.


I did my birding from inside the house again. S'mores reminded me that I needed to be watching the birds; she came running up to the sliding door when she heard the Red-vented Bulbuls squawking. I think they were fighting over the lone ripe strawberry because when I looked out the berry was gone!

I forgot to mention on Friday that I had made my last payment on the Subaru! Since I had been making an extra $500 payment each month it took me a little over 2 years to pay it off rather than the 5 years that my loan was for. It is now all mine! On my balance sheet it now goes from the Debt column to the Other Assets column; it has increased my Net Worth by about 5%. I discovered that, although it is lower than what I purchased it for, its Kelly Bluebook value went up about $400 since last year.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Lorraine & Hester!

No comments:

Post a Comment