Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Solar Panels Pau!

The installation is pau! It took them a little longer than expected, but they returned with a new battery this morning, installed it, finished installing the rest of the hardware from the battery, and installed the wire for the hook up to the router. Some of it was done in the rain. I am now the proud owner of a Tesla Powerwall 2! Well, me and the credit union.
Chris in the rain finishing wiring of the photovoltaic system panel.
The photovoltaic panels on the roof send power down to the equipment mounted on the wall below.
These send the power to the battery in the garage.
Excess energy is stored in the Tesla Powerwall 2; when needed it is sent across the garage.
Electricity enters the breaker box and is routed to the house or the Tesla Gateway.
The Tesla Gateway regulates where the energy is coming from and going to.
This is the electric company's meter that excess energy will go through when I am not using it. At least, this is the way I understand it, but I might be mixed up.
The manual for the Tesla Powerwall 2.

I skipped the morning birding walk; it was raining. But then an hour later it was sunny. Then 30 minutes later it rained again. It was on and off the whole day. Birding today was done while walking around in the drizzle inspecting the new installation and figuring out what I need to do next. I need to go to Waimea tomorrow and pick up the concrete blocks to build the platform under the meter.
Sunshine, sort of, as I was crawling out of bed.
The weather I ended up birding in later in the day.

As I was wiping down the cabinets on the south wall before I put things in them, I discovered the top of the refrigerator was very dirty! But I made the decision to clean it off on my next trip. I am sure I would knock stuff off on to the kitchen floor so I would have to clean the kitchen floor all over again. I made a big reminder note to myself so I clean it before I do the floors on the next visit.
Hmm, looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a while.


I was going to enter the seasonings in the app to keep track of what is in the pantry. I also tried to figure out how old they were; I had done that with Mom's seasonings a couple years ago. Previously I was able to find a page that told you how to decode the alphanumerics on the bottom of the bottle to find out when it was manufactured; I couldn't find the page this time. I think it is because McCormick has now gone to putting easily readable "Best by" dates on their bottles. Out of the 11 containers, I know that 7 are at least from 2002 because they are labeled, "Schilling"! I wonder if Curtis wants them as memorabilia to sell on eBay? The 3 McCormick bottles do not have "Best By" dates, but I don't know when they started using those.
Collector's items?

When I picked Uncle Kazu up to take him to lunch he had a little difficulty getting in to the car. At Minnie's he decided he wanted to go to Mahukona and sit in the car and eat lunch. So we got our plate lunches to go and headed for the ocean! In Kapaʻau it was overcast and drizzly, as soon as we went around the bend by Upolu Airport it opened up, got sunny and was gusty & sunny all during lunch. The Alenuihaha Channel was very choppy, with whitecaps all the way across, and Maui was shrouded in clouds. As we were heading back it got darker, cloudy, then wetter. Almost all the way back to the hospital it drizzled. And it stayed that way for the rest of the afternoon!
Uncle Kazu eating his roast pork plate.
My Korean chicken plate.
Whitecaps on the Alenuihaha Channel; Maui is behind the clouds.
Rain on the way back to the hospital.

I was wondering why the box containing my wok was so heavy. When I opened it up to put the wok in to a cabinet I found that someone had put my #8 cast iron frying pan in the same box. Inside the wok. Which does not look like it got dented in transit. But both needed to be washed and reseasoned. Which meant I needed to do a deep cleaning of the stove. Hmm, at this rate I am not going to be able to unpack all the kitchen boxes before I leave!
The frying pan inside the wok.
Stove top before clean up.
Stove top after clean up.
The burners now have fancy names!

Last night I salted the limes I was able to pick before I went to bed. This morning I packed them in to jars and set them out in whatever sun there was to mellow. I prefer to use glass jars to keep them in, but fewer grocery items are being packed in them. I may have to resort to buying canning jars.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Chuck, Jack, & Mason! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #9 to Amy & Juan!

No comments:

Post a Comment