Monday, August 6, 2018

Crash & Burn

Well, not really; it's not the fibromyalgia. I have picked up some sort of bug. I think that's why I have been tired & needing a nap the last 3 days. I woke up this morning with a sore throat; I was hoping that maybe I just had been breathing through my mouth for part of the night. I got ready to go to Maunalani; I even did my morning walk. I saw Bella & Maggie at the park. But even with all that activity, the sore throat did not clear up; so I called in to the nurses station to let them know I would not be there today & left. I saw Abby & Kelly doing their morning walk just as I was pulling out of the parking lot. I slept for part of the afternoon, the sore throat has evolved in to a stuffy nose; not sure how long the incubation period is but I don't go to many places besides Maunalani. I hope there is not anything brewing there.

Now lying in bed (with the new laptop which is much more compact & light & easier to use in bed), getting ready to post this & listen to more of Summer Knight as I contemplate what to do tomorrow. If I was working I would likely still go to work; the symptoms are very mild & since I'm out in the middle of the wetland there are minimal people that would be exposed to me. I'll wait to see what I feel like tomorrow morning; maybe I'll at least do my morning walk so I don't lose momentum.

Funny story about dogs & their humans: I tend to recognize the dogs first. I know I tend to remember the dogs longer than their humans. After about 15 years, I still remember Cowboy & where he lived, but can't remember his human whose name was on the paperwork; I forgot him the day after I met him. About a week after I did the site visit Holly asked me some questions about the guy's site & I was drawing a blank. Then she said, "Cowboy," & I remembered everything! (I wrote notes in the margins of the forms, she knew I listed all the dogs' names on sites.) Sorry Maggie & Kelly! I'll try to remember you 15 years from now!

Happy Birthday to Mary & Brianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment