Sunday, August 5, 2018

Getting in Shape for GAR

During my morning walk I saw Kavita again. I thanked her for inspiring me to add Maunalani Circle to my walking routine! I told her I was slowly increasing the distance I was walking since I am going to walk the Great Aloha Run with The Roommate Who Likes To Wash Dishes; I have 28 weeks to get up to being able to walk 8.2 miles. Last night, on the way to the Ke Au Hawai'i Festival, we drove along the route for the Great Aloha Run; I wanted to see how steep the inclines were. The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes had told me it was along Nimitz Highway, so I thought it would be relatively flat before I signed up to do it. I'm glad I was right; it was pretty flat, nothing that is steeper than anything I do daily. The big difference is the distance. Fortunately a mile or so is under the viaduct so it is totally in the shade; this part is about 2 miles before the end of the route. Note to self: Before signing up for another one of these, find out how tough the route is!
https://www.greataloharun.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GAR-2018-Race-Program-26-IMG-791x1024.jpg
(From www.greataloharun.com)

Kavita told me that Karen also walks up from the bottom of Wilhelmina Drive. And not only does she feed the birds, she also feeds cats & dogs that she meets along the way! I know that Karen also has small hand weights that she uses while she walks; she is another inspiration. Along with Rhonda who is pregnant and carries a toddler on her back as well.

Dad was very tired today, more so than usual, so I let him sleep through the Namaste session. I could have gone for a walk since he was sleeping so soundly, but I was a little tired, too, so I took a nap.

Lunch today was Roast beef, Mashed potatoes, Seasoned green beans, Garden salad, Blonde brownie, & Potato chowder.
Today I was given chopsticks instead of silverware or plasticware.


On my mid-afternoon walk I saw the Kolea! It was in the forested portion of the park, foraging in the short vegetation that the parks people trimmed last week.


After dinner & a walk with The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes, I worked on transferring information from my current MacBook laptop to the new MacBook Pro laptop. It took a while; I listened to Harry Dresden on the MacBook. I will keep the MacBook set up as my Harry Dresden audiobooks machine until I am done with the series.
The new MacBook Pro laptop.





I passed on this, I don't have any secret files I need to keep hidden from anybody.
When this started, I went to take a shower.
Twenty-one minutes later, it said this.
Fifty-four minutes after the previous photo, it said this.
Three minutes later, it said this.
I passed on this. Seems strange to talk to an inanimate object like it was sentient.
SUCCESS!

Happy Birthday to Ina, Kathy, Barbara, & Jackie!

No comments:

Post a Comment