Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Masa's Cafeteria

I skipped breakfast last week because I didn't want to give whatever I had to Curtis. This week we went to Masa's Cafeteria; it's down in the industrial area in Mapunapuna. It is set up like a high school cafeteria; you stand in line with your tray at the serving station, order what you want, some things are there waiting, others are made to order. At the end of the line you get your beverages, then pay. The made-to-order parts of your meal are brought out to you when they are ready. We both had the 2 egg breakfast special with Portuguese sausage; Curtis had his with extra wheat toast in place of the the rice, I had mine with brown rice.




After breakfast I stopped by to see the latest additions for the remodel; the fixtures for the kitchen sink and the toilet in the new bathroom.



During my mid-morning walk I discovered that the PODS storage unit and the big truck I saw on the field yesterday are there for the same purpose; the tennis & basketball courts are being resurfaced. I think the truck was parked on the field yesterday because the parking lot was full of cars when they arrived.


Lunch at Maunalani was Meat jun, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable mix, Tossed salad, Lemon bar, & Chicken and dumpling soup. I'm glad Dad kept refusing to eat the dessert, I told him it was custard pie! That would have been a shock!


The Kolea was at the park during my mid-afternoon walk! I think it is back from Alaska. I am hoping I will continue to see it.


On my way back up the hill, my phone said, "You're half way there." This is where I was at; the app can't tell when I am doing the walk from the upper parking lot that includes Maunalani Circle or whether I am coming from the lower parking lot. When I am near the 1 mile mark, it says, "Almost there. You can do it!" After I reach 1 mile, it tells me what my average speed was & how long it took me. This is why I don't like for my technology to talk to me; it has no frame of reference for the statements that it makes.


I got a call from Patrick this afternoon; besides the Wheels for Wildlife program that I volunteer for, the Hawaii Wildlife Center (HWC) also has a Wings for Wildlife program for volunteers. In the Wings for Wildlife program, pilots volunteer their time to fly injured wildlife between the islands. Tomorrow Patrick is setting it up for me to pick up an injured Nene at Feather & Fur and take it to a volunteer pilot at the airport.

Curtis & I had talked about him picking me up tomorrow morning when he comes up to stay with Dad, and me walking all the way back home from Maunalani. According to my phone it is 2.2 miles & 56 minutes, if I go down Wilhelmina Rise; I would avoid that since it would be rough on my knees to go straight down. Instead I would follow Sierra Drive down to the last intersection with Wilhelmina, then switch to Wilhelmina so I would go up Koko Head Avenue in order to get some exercise going uphill. But now with the transport for HWC I will skip that & just do my walking when I am up there later in the day; I'll try walking home next week.

I picked up Silk Protein Nutmilk. I am trying this out to see how it will do as a replacement for soy milk and cow's milk. One thing that I like is that it is similar to the mixture of almond milk and coconut milk that I use for making Golden Milk; it is more convenient.

I am almost done listening to the Harry Dresden audiobook, Dead Beat. It is about necromancers & zombies.

Happy Birthday to Shelley & Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment