Friday, August 10, 2018

Morning Mist

I woke up with a stuffy nose once again & didn't go to stay with Dad again. But I continued with my morning walk at Maunalani; it was misting nicely this morning. I kind of like it when it's wet.


I broke the door stop in my bedroom today. When I went to close the door, the door stop was stuck to the door; it had pulled out of the concrete block wall. But I guess things like that are bound to be happening; the house is almost 50 years old. There are a lot of other things around the house that I have been fixing over the last 3 or 4 years; this is just one of those things. I tried to repair it with JB Weld; we'll see what happens in a couple of days.
The door stop pulled loose from the wall.
The place where the door stop used to be.
I tapped on the wrench to drive the center screw back in to the wall.

I realized today that the Harry Dresden book Side Jobs is not the alternate title for Restoration of Faith; it is actually a collection of short stories.
(From the Dresden Files)

Happy Birthday to Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment