Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Waikele Country Club Restaurant

We had breakfast this morning at the Waikele Country Club Restaurant. Sort of. Curtis' coffee had already arrived & we had finished ordering when his sister-in-law Jenny called. One of the recently installed fire alarms was going off & there was no fire. Curtis had ordered the Loco Moco with a corned beef hash patty and no gravy. I ordered the Breakfast Grilled Cheese without cheese. Within minutes after he left my order arrived, I told our waitress Elizabeth that Curtis had to take care of something at home, she said she would put his meal under the heat lamps, but that his over medium eggs would probably end up over hard; I texted him. He called & asked that his breakfast be boxed up to go, along with his coffee. Elizabeth was great, she got everything ready to go, & I took care of the bill. Curtis picked me up within minutes.

The decor reminds me of old plantation decor.
Breakfast Grilled Cheese without cheese.
Curtis' to go Loco Moco.
Loco Moco to go.

Curtis' egg was over hard so instead of eating it as a locomoco he added a slice of cheese to make a grilled cheese sandwich, but since they don't have a stove it was really an ungrilled cheese sandwich.
Ungrilled Cheese Sandwich. (Photo by Curtis)

There were 2 fountains outside the Country Club; it looked like someone was repairing one of them with duct tape!



It took me almost an hour to get to Maunalani; it usually takes me 30 minutes. There was a nasty looking accident on the freeway; one of the cars was facing the wrong direction.


By the time I had gotten there, Dad was wanting to get back in to bed  because his okole was sore. I convinced him to wait another 15 minutes for the Namaste massage to start, letting him know he would be able to sleep during the massage.

During my mid-morning walk I didn't see any Kolea today. I took a couple photos of some of the shower tree flowers on the ground; I am intrigued by the mix of colors on the petals.
Shower tree flower.

Lunch today was Chinese style steamed fish, Brown rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Almond float, & Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate no solids today but he did finish all of his supplements.


During my afternoon walk I saw the Kolea at the park. It was near the fence along the south side of the park. It was initially in the sunlight but it quickly moved to the shadows and blended in so well it took me a while to find it.
The Kolea is at the base of the fence, near the center of the photo.

Hurricane Lane has increased in speed so it is now a Category 5 hurricane. So far it is not predicted to make a direct hit on any island but things could change quickly.  Here's the latest forecast track for Hurricane Lane as it nears the state. (Image: Central Pacific Hurricane Center)

The Roommate who Likes to Wash Dishes texted that he wasn't going to the gym after work today so he could get more supplies to get prepared for Hurricane Lane. I texted back that we had 23 gallons of water, 2 gallons of coconut water, & lots of food (& a manual can opener); but if he felt more comfortable he could buy more. I also told him to think about whether he would prefer his meals to be warm/hot since if the power went out the gas stove would not light; we don't have a hibachi at the house & my camp stove is in Kohala so it won't be helpful here. But we do have enough materials to make a fire pit if we need to.

I filled up more bottles for an additional 3 gallons of water; one of the bottles was one that Mom had filled up on 08/30/2015. The day before this there were three Category 4 hurricanes in the Central Pacific - Kilo, Ignacio, & Jimena - none of them made landfall but I guess she was concerned about it. That season was the 2nd most active Pacific hurricane season on record.

I also realized that we have 2 cases of Boost Plus and almost 2 cases of Boost Breeze at the house; we had bought them just before Dad went in to the hospital. We have 52 bottles of the Boost Plus or about 3.25 gallons and almost 3 gallons of Boost Breeze. Each bottle of Plus supplies 360 calories, the Breeze has 250 calories. They'll provide both hydration, calories, and nutrients. 
.

So we have 26 gallons of water, 2 gallons of coconut water, & 6 gallons of liquid supplements in the house for a total of 34 gallons of fluids; according to the Emergency Management recommendations we are supposed to have 42 gallons of water for the humans so we are 8 gallons short. And I think we would need another 7 gallons of water for the cats (they're a desert species so they drink less than dogs); I figure we're close to where we need to be on fluids. We can catch rain water after the hurricane passes to use for flushing & the cats.

Mary Ellen sent me a photo of the 1000 cranes that a bunch of us made for her when she was going through chemotherapy a few years ago. The windows they were in were getting their annual cleaning.
1000 tsuru. (Photo by Mary Ellen)

I finished the Harry Dresden audiobook Proven Guilty last night and started White Night this evening.

My old Samsung Galaxy S5 would have been 3 years old today, but it died about a month ago. The replacement S5 is doing great! I know they're up to at least the S9, but I like the GUI on my S5 & I don't want to take the time to learn another one, so I just used the equipment protection insurance that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment