Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Airport Problems

Kai IMed me this morning just as I was getting to Dad's room; he was at the gate & it was standing room only. Apparently 2 planes before his were delayed coming in due to heavy fog at Sea-Tac so all the passengers waiting to get on those planes were still at the gate. He said the air conditioning was overloaded so it was about 85 degrees F; he was camping out by the water cooler so he could stay hydrated. His plane left about 30 minutes late, but he got in about 30 minutes early! On long flights like that they must plan the schedule at a slower speed so they have some leeway to increase the speed if they need to make up time for a delayed start. Traffic on the way back was horrible; there was an accident on H-1 in the direction we were heading; fortunately Party Pueo was there to keep us company!
Waiting in the cell phone lot.
Traffic on the way home. (Photo by Kai)

On my way up to Maunalani this morning I passed Steph, she had just finished walking around Maunalani Circle & was on her way back down; since I wasn't late, she must have started earlier. Later on my morning walk I also saw LaVie & Suzette. It was very windy during my walk.


I forgot to return the Hawai'i Wildlife Center car magnet when Tani got the van; I saw it when I was going back to the car after my walk. Here's Party Pueo reminding me to give the car magnet back to Tani!


Party Pueo also signed in at Maunalani.


Dad was sitting in bed asleep with his food in front of him, nothing had been touched. I spoke with RN Supervisor Remy, we settled on a good weight for Dad being 140 pounds, which is what Dr. Nakano from Kaiser liked to see Dad maintain back in the beginning of the year. If it looks like the supplements are making him gain too much weight then we will back off on having him drink 2 boxes of the supplements at each meal.

My mid-morning walk started out relatively sunny but about half way through it began to drizzle and did so steadily until the end of the walk. I only saw Kelly drive by, without Abby, I think I can recognize him by himself now. I saw the flattened Jackson's chameleon that I spotted a few days ago. It was now about 2 houses downslope from where it was when I first saw it. The evening rains we have been having washed it down.

On Sierra, looking easterly.
At mid-morning.

I also saw some squashed fruit.
Flattened noni fruit (Morinda citrifolia).
Intact ulu (Artocarpus altilis).
Flattened ulu.

After I changed & was on my way back to Dad's floor I met a guy in the elevator who walks up from 'Iolani School on Tuesdays & Thursdays; he says it's 3.5 miles! I assume he also walks back down.

Lunch today was Cheeseburger on bun, Hawaiian coleslaw, Banana pudding, and Seafood chowder. The coleslaw was missing. Not sure what was in the seafood chowder, I think it might have been chunks of some sort of white-fleshed fish with bland taste. Even with the added salt it was still quite bland. Dad ate a couple bites of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich & all his supplements.


It drizzled for an hour or so after lunch, cleared up, then started raining about an hour before I started my afternoon walk but stopped a short while later so I thought I was in the clear. Not. About 10 minutes after I started walking it started drizzling and kept up through the rest of my walk. I did not need to do any cool down with my stretches!
Jackson's chameleon in the afternoon drizzle.

Kayla from Kokua Market called to let me know that she would be baking their gluten-free vegan apple pies today; I asked for a large one to be reserved for me. I had picked a small one up on Saturday, knowing it might not last until Thanksgiving, but I wanted to have something for Nikki to be able to have when we had dessert. Since Kai's plane came in early I couldn't pick it up until later. It turns out Kayla had a medical appointment, so left after all the pies were baked; she left instructions for one to be reserved for me but that never happened. I ended up getting an even more special looking pie, it was pears in an almond custard.
Yum!

Happy 14th Anniversary to Hazuki & Todd!  

No comments:

Post a Comment