Saturday, December 21, 2019

12/18 Recharge Day

I slept wrong and my right shoulder hurting so much this morning. Because it was also a little blustery and less than dry I skipped the sunrise walk. I also skipped going to sit with Dad; I slept until I got a phone call from the bank. And it sounds like I made a wise choice; Curtis texted me later, "...due to wastewater line break, no water or toilet facilities working in the building. Couple of Porto-potties [sic] set up in lower parking lot. Residence [sic] using portable commodes. Fun!"

The bank called to say their lawyers had approved allowing my to be added to Dad's account with signature authority. We left the house early enough so that we could do some errands for Kai and also have lunch in the little shopping mall the bank is located in. We went to the Korean Hibiscus BBQ. Kai had the Bi Bim Bap, I had the BBQ Pork mini-plate. There is very limited inside seating, i.e., one table; so we ate in the car.


Kai with Bi Bim Bap.
BBQ Pork mini plate.

We had finished all of Kai's shopping so we went to get tea at Taste Tea, which is also in the same little shopping mall. Kai had something with boba; I opted for the lowest carb combination that Ken the server, and I, could come up with. I had a Pu-er Tea (0g) with grass jelly (1g).


After we completed our business with the bank and dropped off the check with Harold, we went to the licensing department; I wanted to add Kai to the title before giving the car to him. I also needed to register the Subaru; it expires at the end of this month. There were 14 people in line in front of us. Fortunately staff comes through every so often and screens people to get the ones in the wrong line to the right line; we were able to get to the front counter in about 20 minutes. In the meanwhile, we got to watch the antics of an old Pomeranian that was also in line.


The final errand we did while we were out was go in for my blood draw for Dr. Pham. I like that I don't need to have an appointment at Kaiser for a blood draw; I can walk right in and be seen first-come, first-served. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes. And Andrew is an excellent phlebotomist, I was closely watching when he poked me and felt absolutely nothing! And we were carrying on a conversation the whole time. When I asked him if I could take a photo, he said sure, but he wasn't going to wait for me to get all set up; I said no problem.




Belated Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Michelle, Delbert, & David!

No comments:

Post a Comment