Sunday, December 15, 2019

Dad's Busy Day

Dad was in the Orchid Dining Room eating breakfast when I arrived; he was sharing a table with Mr. Watanabe, Mr. Wise, & Chris. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml coffee but no water.


When he was done with breakfast Dad decided he wanted to watch the rest of the Houston-Tennessee football game that was on the TV at the front of the room. Although his okole was sore he said he wanted to move up to the front table to watch the game. Houston won, 24-21, when they started the post-game analysis Dad decided he wanted to go somewhere else.


We headed out to the 2nd floor nurses station, where he said he wanted to eat his lunch. Lunch today was Baked glazed ham (2g), Baked sweet potatoes, Steamed corn, Tossed salad (3g), Oatmeal cookie, and Minestrone soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 cookies, plus the home-made gluten-free chocolate chip cookie Chris had given him during the football game. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


After lunch Dad wanted to stay and watch the movie that was on, Home Alone. It's a good thing he can't remember all the things the kid did in the movie! After the movie he finally decided he needed to go back to bed. He stayed in the wheelchair for a little over 6 hours! That is the longest time he has spent in the wheelchair.
This is the movie that was on during lunch, before Home Alone.

I didn't see anyone during my drive up this morning. But during my sunrise walk I saw Yan & Lucky near the top of Lurline; we walked together to Sierra where we saw Lorraine near the top. We met up and they went around the circle while I continued down Sierra on my usual route. At the bottom of the park I saw Lynnette; later we passed each other on Lurline. I also saw Kevin with Tazzie & Kila. During my cool down stretches I saw Kavita.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
A Cattle Egret landed on the roof while I was doing my cool down stretches.

I skipped my mid-morning walk since Dad was so active this morning. I also skipped the afternoon walk, I wanted to finish setting up the study for Kai. Last night I washed the curtains and rehung them. Today I made the bed and started to put away the photo albums. I also did some laundry, specifically underwear and my UPF shirts; I only had 1 clean piece of each left.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Linda, Stephanie, & Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment