Friday, December 6, 2019

Grilled Chicken Souvlakia

As usual, I went to Kokua Market for dinner tonight. They expanded their menu for this month; there were a couple more options since last week that I could easily make low carb. Tonight I chose the Grilled Chicken Souvlakia; it normally comes with pita bread and a Mediterranean side salad. I asked for no bread and extra salad; it was great! I think I will try the Grilled Turmeric Chicken Wings next week; they looked enticing!


This morning I weighed myself with the WiiFit and was pleasantly surprised to find I had lost weight again! I was down 2.2 pounds! And I also lost 1" on my waistline! So the ketogenic diet is working! At my target of losing 0.5 pounds per week, it would take until nearly the end of July next year for me to get back down to 90 pounds. If I maintain a 2 pound per week loss on this ketogenic diet, I would be back down to 90 by the end of January. (At which time I would get off the ketogenic diet and eat carbs and see if I can maintain my target weight.) I have heard that initially there is a large weight loss due to loss of water so my weekly weight loss could decrease significantly in the coming weeks. But since my current goal is 0.5 pounds per week that won't be a problem for me; though I would like to get back to eating carbs sooner than later. I love carbs!


During my drive up this morning I saw Ona & Rio on Lurline; I never saw them during my sunrise walk. But I did see Shannon & Haku just starting their walk and Lynnette & June in the distance as they were on their way up Sierra. About 5 minutes after I started; my cool down stretches it began to rain; I was wondering if Lynnette & June were taking cover at the bus shelter. As I was leaving I saw Lynnette & June just starting to head down Lurline, so it looked like they did spend some time keeping dry at the bus shelter.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Apparently some rain got on my LifeProof case causing the slight blurring.

It looks like there was a delivery of some lumber at the Lanipoko house. Usually framing goes pretty fast.


Just after I got back to the house, I got a text from Lorraine. She also sent a photo asking if the birds in the photo were Saffron Finches; they were!
Saffron Finches by the park. (Photo by Lorraine)

Charlie from RevoluSun came by at 9 as scheduled. I walked him through the house and he explained that the cooling units for the split air conditioning would have to be mounted over the closets or an interior wall rather than the usual window wall placement; its because the headers over the windows are narrow because of the hollow concrete block wall construction of the house. It means there will be a slightly longer run of incoming wires and outgoing condensation but much of it can be run in the attic. I am having RevoluSun do the work since the placement of equipment can be coordinated; in fact, Charlie said they will tie in to the sub-panel that RevoluSun is installing for the solar panels. Charlie will check in with Matt to make sure the sub-panel is properly sized to handle both projects. He anticipates all this will happen in mid-January; Arielle or Jamie will be in touch with me for the scheduling.

Charlie's visit was only about 30 minutes, which gave me ample time to get ready for my mid-morning walk. As I drove up I saw Suzette's living room light on and her car was gone; its Friday so she was at work. During my walk I saw Wilts & Dr. Lothar at Wilts' house discussing his retaining wall. Near the end of my walk, as I was coming up Lurline, I saw Suzette coming down the stairs to the sidewalk; I went over to talk with her. Turns out her car is in the shop so she has taken the day off; I offered to give her a ride when it was time to pick up her car but she said they have a shuttle for customers that she would use. While we were talking Ron drove by.


When I returned from my walk I found that I couldn't go down 8th like I usually do; it was closed for what looked to be a repair to some electrical wires.
The north end of the street; the work is at the left of the photo.
The south end of the street; the work is just to the right of the center of the photo.

I had Fat Head Pizza for lunch. Since I was going to Kokua later in the day I decided to check whether there was any tomato-based sauce left for another pizza. As I was going through the cabinet that those type of sauces are in I discovered that weevils had gotten into a couple of bags of things; they went after the healthy stuff like 100% organic whole wheat macaroni, texturized vegetable protein (TVP), and organic kidney beans. They left the highly processed dried soups! Aue! Apparently it is safe to eat food they are in: they provide more protein! Since I did not intend to cook any of the things they are in now (mainly carbs), I got rid of those things so the weevils would not continue breeding in the cabinets and getting in to other food. By the way, I did find more tomato-based sauces; they were in glass jars so no weevils were in them.
Bag of TVP; the brown things are the weevils.
Organic 100% whole wheat elbow macaroni with weevils.
Highly processed soup with NO weevils.

After doing some banking I headed up for my afternoon walk; Suzette's car was back! I met up with her as I started my walk; she was just starting her 2nd of 4 laps around the circle. She said she's going to hang on to her 6-year4 old car for another 2 years.


I stayed in ketogenesis today, even though I did have a little more carbs yesterday than I had the previous days. If staying at the lower level will aid in my continued weight loss I will try to stay at that lower level. Interestingly, my calorie intake and fat intake have tended to be higher than what it should be, yet I still lost weight. I think that is because I am burning fat rather than carbs.
6:09 am, upon waking. A little less than yesterday but more then when I am eating closer to 50 g carbs.
8:43 am, after sunrise walk.
11:21 am, after mid-morning walk & before lunch.
3:44 pm, after keto lunch & before afternoon walk.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Susie & Christina!

No comments:

Post a Comment