Thursday, December 26, 2019

Merry Christmas, Kitties!

I got a call from Screens & Things this morning, the new screen with the cat door was ready for pick up! I decided it was a good reason to leave early. Within a couple minutes of installing it, Luna was using it to get out in to the cat run!


I thought I might be delayed getting to my sunrise walk. There were a bunch of flashing lights near the bottom of Sierra; there were 2 ambulances in the curve where Koko Head and Sierra intersect. Fortunately there was enough room to get around them easily & safely. 
Emergency vehicles on Sierra twenty-three minutes before sunrise.

On my drive up I saw Wolf near the entrance to the parking lot; it must have been his last lap since I did not see him later. As I was starting my sunrise walk I saw Lynnette starting up the circle; June wasn't with her today so I waited for her and walked with her around the circle. Although today was much nicer than yesterday with just a light intermittent breeze, I didn't see many regulars. During the rest of my walk I was half way up Lurline before I saw anyone else; it was Tina with Massimo, Ink, and Chloe Bacon. Haku was also with them; Shannon was busy this morning. At the top of Lurline I saw Ken with Toto & Chico starting their walk. Near the parking lot I saw Annette & Loren; they'll be here until the 9th, then they return home. 
Fourteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. He finished half his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but now water.

Last night Curtis was not feeling well, neither was Lori; Brent was also just getting over a cold. I had been feeling tired the last couple of days so I took a nap yesterday before baking the pie. I tried to stay away from the germ reservoirs so I wouldn't get anything in my run down state. But today I had a hard time getting up; I felt like I needed more rest. Then I was unable to get warm while sitting with Dad and I had not gotten wet. And I also remembered to bring my flannel shirt so I was wearing it. With the sleeves rolled down.

Kai went to Screens & Things to help me pick up the new screen. I was feeling better sitting in the car which heated up in the sun so after we picked up the screen we went to the Moanalua 99 food court to get some lunch. We got lunch at Diem 99 Cafe; Kai got a BBQ  Pork Banh Mi, I got the Super Rolls. Then we went to Bee's Dessert House, Kai wanted a bubble tea, I tried their Grass Jelly Iced Drink. We took everything to go rather than sitting in the food court.


BBQ Pork Banh Mi. (Photo by Kai)
Super Rolls.

After lunch I went to sleep. And woke up about 5 pm! I guess I was still a little under the weather.

We're hosting the family New Year's dinner. Mom used to host it until it became too much work for her, then Lori & Curtis hosted it along with the Thanksgiving dinner. When I moved back, hosting the New Year's dinner moved back to Kaimuki. To get ready for it we are moving things back to their respective rooms; they had been moved out when we had to move things away from the windows. The Roommates are responsible for getting the living room ready, Kai is working on the family room, and I am getting the dining room ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment