Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Getting Ready for Visitors

Kai arrives next week for the holidays. He'll be staying in the study, which used to have a bed before, though there hasn't been one there for a couple of years. Since we had to move things so the new windows could be installed I have been vacuuming and steam cleaning the floors and wiping down the tops of the furniture in the room. I have a little more that I need to rearrange & clean. We're putting the other bed from my room into the study. It should be ready by Thursday.
S'mores checks out the furniture we moved before steam cleaning.

On the drive up for my sunrise walk I saw Calvin the Recycler on his way home; I haven't seen him in a week or so, may be more. I also saw Wolf as he was passing the parking lot. Later during my walk I saw Mike & Dulci but none of his grandkids. I also saw Dean down by the park, then later as he was starting down Lurline as I got to the top. As I was on my way up Lurline I saw LaVie in the distance walking Bailey. Later during my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico; I almost didn't recognize him since he had a different early-morning-walk shirt on. Today it was bright blue, not his usual light orangey-yellow.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was totally done with breakfast in bed when I arrived; his tray table was already off to the side. He ate all his fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 30 mo water.


During my mid-morning walk I saw Chip; he had just finished mowing the parking strip and was washing off his mower. I also saw more Christmas decorations along my walk.

They added the bows to the fence.

Lunch today was Cheeseburger (1 g) on bun, Hawaiian coleslaw, Banana pudding, and Seafood chowder; there was also a Garden salad (3 g) but it wasn't listed on the menu. And the coleslaw was missing from my tray but I learned from my experience in November not to eat the coleslaw; it has 12 g carbs! Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and one banana pudding. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.


I opened up one of the Theo chocolate bars; its 70% dark chocolate with ginger. The ginger is candied so each ounce has 12.7 g carbs. The bar is scored in to 8 pieces, so each piece would have 4.75 g carbs. In comparison, the Montezuma dark chocolate bar had 2 g carb per ounce. I guess I'll have to cut each piece in half to reduce the amount of carbs I get with each piece.



I think Garfield Lite was either lurking in the bushes in his yard or had walked through the area shortly before I walked by; there were no ʻEhakō in the yard again.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Deborah & Lynda!

No comments:

Post a Comment