Monday, December 9, 2019

Dad Has a Visitor!

Cousin Eileen came to visit Dad at lunch time; I think he sort of knew who she was. She brought Dad a brownie for dessert. We had a great time catching up.


During my sunrise walk I saw LaVie right after I parked but did not see her again. On the circle I saw Tina with Massimo, Ink, and Chloe Bacon. As I was completing the circle I saw Ken as he was just starting his walk with Toto & Chico. I saw Dean as he was coming up Sierra, then later on Lurline as we were looking at the White Cockatoo sitting in the Norfolk Island Pine on the sharp turn. Below the park I saw Noe. Near the top of Lurline I saw Bean carrying Kira back down; she was a little sleepy this morning. As I turned around to say "Good Bye" to Kira I saw The Surfer loading up his surfboard to go catch some waves before heading off to work. During my cool down stretches I saw Noe doing a lap around the circle.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
One minute before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sixteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I originally saw the White Cockatoo in the tree near the Lanipoko house. I think it was one of the clearest sightings I have seen of it and it was vocalizing, too. It stayed for about 5 minutes then flew off & disappeared behind some trees. I was pleasantly surprised to see it again in the Norfolk Island Pine a couple blocks uphill; it also did some vocalizing while in the pine.


Dad was in the Orchid Dining Room eating breakfast when I arrived; he was sharing a table with Mr. Wise & Mr. Miyahira. He had already finished his fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.

Dad went to bed after breakfast because his okole was sore; it was a good plan since cousin Eileen was coming at lunch time it allowed him to take a nap before lunch. I skipped my mid-morning walk; they seemed to be short-handed and it took a while for someone to come and change Dad's diaper. I don't like him staying in it longer than he has to; he forgets to tell them he needs to be changed. The VA social worker also stopped by to chat; it was nearly 10:45 by the time I was free to go. I would have only been able to do 1 lap and would have felt rushed about it.

We ate out on the lanaʻi today. Lunch today was Pork loin roast (0 g carbs), Steamed rice, Steamed edamame (3 g), Tossed salad (3 g), Strawberry cloud cake, and Chicken gumbo soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich, the cake, and the brownie that Eileen had brought him. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.
Watching airplanes on the lanaʻi.


While Eileen and I were waiting for the aides to get Dad back in to bed, Elaine, Dad's previous roommate's daughter, came by. She dropped off a couple of gifts for Curtis and me! It was very unexpected!


I steam cleaned the study floor below the windows one last time before The Potential Most Favorite Roommate helped me move the desk back under the window. Tomorrow we will move the other bed that used to be in my bedroom in to the study so that Kai has a place to stay when he comes to visit for the holidays. Kai won't be able to stay in the middle bedroom since we are using that to store the things in the living room in preparation for the family New Year's Dinner that we have started to host; Mom used to do it so now we have taken on that responsibility. 

The Roommates repositioned the cat tree; it is now near the window so Luna and S'mores have several different levels that they can watch birds from. The Roommates also set up the Christmas tree this evening with help from Briy & Dylan.


I saw Garfield Lite again but this time it was during my sunrise walk; once again there were no ʻEhakō in the yard.


I was still burning carbs overnight but I was pleasantly surprised to find I was back in ketogenesis about mid-morning, even with only the sunrise walk! I checked my urine at the time I would normally be doing my mid-morning walk.
6:09 am; upon waking.
10:48 am, 3 hours after sunrise walk.
5:58 pm, after dinner.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to my god-daughter Marlena! You have grown up to be a wonderful young woman! Hauʻoli lā Hānau also to Shabbir!

No comments:

Post a Comment