Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Surfers Coffee

It's Tuesday! Yes, it's also New Year's Eve but more importantly, it's Tuesday! Which means breakfast day. Because Kai likes coffee, we went to Surfers Coffee in Wahiawa; Brent & I walked past it when we were doing the Pineapple Run 10K back in May.
The view from the sidewalk. There is very limited parking in front.


A large house blend coffee and Large Açaí Bowl with strawberries.
Mochi Waffles.
A Small Açaí Bowl with strawberries, cacao nibs, and macadamia nuts and a medium green tea.
The decor in the bathroom.
More bathroom decor.
This & other prints and surf movie posters cover the walls in the dining area.
The parking is in back, you walk through the alley to get there.
Its easy to miss the sign that tells you the lot is also for Surfers Coffee.

I was going to start out the morning with my usual sunrise walk but on the drive up I got a call; it was Janice, she's coming to visit next year. During the drive up I saw no regulars and I didn't see any during my walk either. Which was probably a good thing since I spent all of my walking time talking to Janice! We kind of get started on one topic and drift to others then come back to the main reason for the call.
Twenty-eight minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sunrise on Sierra! Not as nice as yesterday.

After breakfast, when we left Curtis' house, we took the tables and benches to use for dinner tomorrow night. On the way back we made a stop at Don Quijote to pick up a pork butt roast for kalua pork and some other New Years items; we also picked up omiyage for Kai as well as me. It was a zoo there! I have never been in such a long line there.
In the checkout line; there are at least 4 people behind me.
Don Quijote is branching out to piñatas!
I love chestnuts!

When we finally made it out it was too late to got to spend time with Dad, so I concentrated on finishing the clean up of the family room.
The couch is usable again!

I made another Fathead Pizza for dinner tonight. It turns out Kai likes it; I will get him some supplies so that he can make his own when he gets back home. I used the pizza wheel that The Roommates gave me for Christmas; it works so much better than a knife!


Since Kai did not want to go to check out the fireworks we stayed home and just tried to keep Luna and S'mores as calm as possible. The new windows helped; closing them muffled the noise of the neighborhood fireworks.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Amy & Trevor da Mouse! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #36 to Terry & Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment