Saturday, December 14, 2019

Christmas Decor

The Roommates had bought some Christmas decorations during Black Friday. This afternoon they started setting them up. They started with the garland and ended with the snowman. We still need an outdoor-safe extension cord to light up the snowman.
I didn't know they had special things made for sale on Black Friday.
Before.
Almost done!
Testing the lights.
Looking festive!

They also worked on decorating the cats. Here's Luna. They haven't got S'mores yet.
Photo by The Potential Most Favorite Roommate.

As I was driving up for my sunrise walk, I thought I would get rained out; I saw Lorraine walking under the shelter of her umbrella as she started up Sierra. By the time I arrived at the parking lot things had slowed down considerably and I saw Wolf doing one of his laps around the circle. I decided I would at least get started around the circle and see if it stayed dry; it did! So I continued with the rest of my walk. I saw Mike & Dulci just starting their walk. I saw Lorraine down by the park, her umbrella was folded now up since it was no longer raining; I later saw her as she was on her way down Lurline. Further down below the park I saw Lynnette; I saw her later, too, on Lurline. As I was approaching the parking lot, I saw PT Jason in shorts & a tank top headed back towards his house; it turns out he had to open up the office and would be back later to start his shift. As I stepped in to the parking lot it began to pour! I took shelter in the car; I closed out my apps, grabbed my gear, and made a break for the covered viewpoint during a slower part of the rain.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
None minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Rain at the end of my walk. With a male Northern Cardinal taking flight.
The rain has slowed down.
The rain is obscuring the view.

Today when I walked past Ken's house it was a little darker than usual because of the cloud cover. I was able to see the lights that Ken has up along the front of his place.


Last night the painting of the mural along the wall of the physical therapy building began. During the residents' meeting the day after Thanksgiving, CEO Sai said a local mural artist was going to work on the mural in the evening since there were so many large delivery trucks during the day. The artist is only charging half of his usual fee.


Dad was still eating breakfast when I arrived. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 90 ml water.

It drizzled on and off through out the morning. But it was relatively dry when it came time for me to put on my sunscreen & change in to my walking clothes, so I did. When I got outside, however, it was really lightly drizzling; I decided to walk around the circle and see what the weather would do. I saw Nikolas with Aya & another dog; they had stopped to visit with Cathy. By the time I finished my first lap the drizzling had stopped so I went for a 2nd lap around the circle. Towards the end of that lap a light drizzle started again; it might have been blown over by the gusts but I decided to head in to avoid getting wetter. I had already completed a mile of walking so I had gotten in a nice little workout. It remained relatively dry.


As I started my 2nd lap around the circle, I saw a small flock of birds that I did not recognize, they were very non-descript. They appear to be juvenile Java Sparrows.
Juvenile Java Sparrows.

Lunch today was Steak & mushroom sauce (7g), Steamed rice, Monterey blend veggies (3g), Tossed salad (3g), Boston cream cake, and Tomato bisque soup. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of Boston cream cake. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water.


I skipped the afternoon walk. I wanted to get the Subaru washed; Alexis was going to do that yesterday but couldn't when the battery died, so I did it today. I also took it in to get the safety check done since I need to register it by the end of the month. But the guy at McKinley Car Wash that does the safety inspections said my inspection is good till the end of January so I can still get the registration done; since the safety inspection is not needed in Washington I will save $25.
They spent a long time vacuuming all the sand out.

There was a box from Suzanne waiting for me when I got home. She sent a bunch of 'presents' for the feral pigs! And also for Curtis and me.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Richard & Seluvaia!

No comments:

Post a Comment