Thursday, December 5, 2019

Really in Ketogenesis Now!

I had an even higher level of acetoacetic acid in my urine this morning. I decided to keep track of it throughout the day; especially because I planned on doing the afternoon walk. I can't wait to see the results of my weigh-in tomorrow. I think I shall also take a waist measurement; a couple pairs of my shorts have been feeling loose. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking on my part!
6:05 am, upon rising.
8:04 am, after sunrise walk.
3:18 pm, after steam cleaning, its even higher than earlier!
8:20 pm, after 14 g carbs in the evening.

On the drive up this morning I saw Ona & Rio about half way up Lurline, Later I saw Tina's dog walker with Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon. As I started my walk I saw Wolf on one of his laps around the circle. As I was finishing up the circle I saw Ona & Rio; LaVie walked by as we were talking. As I passed Ken's house he was just starting his walk with Toto & Chico. I saw Lynnette at the bottom of the park, she had gotten up late so June was not with he; I saw her later as she was on her way back down Lurline. I didn't see any regulars during my cool down stretches.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sixteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

As I was passing Wilts' house I saw a large pile of rock for his retaining wall. Later I realized the tree that fell on Lurline also damaged the fence.
Rocks for Wilts' retaining wall.
Damaged fence.

Since sunrise is getting later, by the time I finish my most basic cool down stretches (calves, quads, hamstrings) Dad is in bed and almost done with breakfast. Today he ate all his fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana. He drank 120 ml juice but no water.

Well, I blew it on the mid-morning walk. I was so engrossed on cleaning things off my phone it was 10:30 by the time I thought about walking. Aue! For the past 2 days my phone has been telling me, "You're dangerously low on space. This may slow down some apps and functions ..." I decided to make some space on my phone by submitting the 157 eBird checklists that I have been procrastinating on; my oldest one was from October 1st. Aue! I decided I need to start submitting them almost daily since we are getting near the end of the year; I don't know if they give you a grace period to review and submit your checklists before closing the Checklist-a-day contest. I also looked at helping with the Audubon Christmas Bird Count; when I was a member of Pilchuck Audubon I helped with several Christmas bird counts as well as Great Backyard Bird Counts.


Lunch today was Salmon croquette (11 g), Steamed rice, Monterey blend veggies (3 g), Garden salad (3 g), Brownie, and Egg drop soup (1 g). Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 brownies. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


When RN Kaylee came in to give Dad his vitamins and skin lotion I noticed she had a tattoo. It is of a wave and includes marks denoting the Fibonacci spiral of waves.

I had a call this afternoon from Arielle, my RevoluSun project ambassador. She called about the solar installation as well as the AC project. When I originally signed the paperwork for the solar PV installation in July I was told it should be able to be installed by mid-December; in time to beat the December 31st deadline to qualify for the Federal 30% tax credit. Today she said they won't be able to complete my installation in time due to the higher than normal demand, so the company is providing a 6% discount on the project price which is more than the 4% decrease in the tax credit amount in 2020. In addition, they are adding 2 years to their project workmanship warranty so it will be good for 7 years. And finally they are adding a free comprehensive system evaluation and cleaning. I think its amazing that RevoluSun is doing all!

Since I missed the mid-morning walk and I knew I could still burn fats without another walk as long as my carb level was around 20 g or lower; I skipped the afternoon walk. I wanted to continue steam cleaning to get the study ready for Kai's visit for Christmas. Taking it in little chunks each day will avoid the problem I had yesterday with my back deciding I was not going to do much for the day in retribution for doing too much steam cleaning the day before!
The steam cleaner tank can hold 2 cups water; I am now filling it with 1 cup so I can't overdo it.
Steam cleaner microfiber pad before cleaning.
After cleaning of my floor today (3rd time).
After cleaning of study floor today (3rd time).
After 1st cleaning of family room floor by sliding door.

As I was leaving I saw the Maunalani truck. It had been decorated for the Christmas parade this evening. DT & The Saint Louis School band are also marching in the parade.


I decided to add some dark chocolate to my diet. Dark chocolate with 70% to 85% cacao has been found to have beneficial health effects. The recommended amount is 1 ounce daily; this bar says it contains 4 servings. Each serving has 6 g carbs.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Dr. McD and David!

No comments:

Post a Comment