Saturday, December 21, 2019

12/20 My Day Off

Friday is my normal day off from sitting with Dad, I always have a lot planned for my day off; today was no exception. I started, as usual, with my sunrise walk. I walked about half of the circle with LaVie. After she left I saw Mike & Dulci on their way to Laure's house for their walk. Later I met Annette & Loren and walked with them for several blocks. Annette grew up on Iwi Way where her father still lives; her mother is at the Hale Nohea dementia care facility. I saw Lynnette down by the park. As I was on my way up Lurline I saw LaVie in the distance walking with Bailey. I also saw Arielle with Mei-mei and Rocco in the distance. During my cool down stretches I saw Mike & Marley finishing off their walk and Ken with Toto & Chico starting their walk.
Twenty-three minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Fourteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I stopped to check the hapuʻu; its doing great, thereʻs a new frond unfurling. The winds have not broken any fronds like it had on the invasive Australian fern at the beginning of the year.


Kai joined me for the mid morning walk; he survived! He came along so that he could test if he would be able to walk along with Brent & me for the Holiday Hustle on Saturday. Due to his long legs he is able to walk briskly and keep up with me while I do my slow jog between lamp posts.


I saw that this tree had fallen a couple days ago.

After our walk, we took the old patio screen door and the new patio screen door to Screens & Things to find out whether we could get another one. They wonʻt put the cat door into the new patio screen door, but they will build another door with the cat door in it that will fit in the frame. It won't be white like the new frame but that's not what's important. It will have a working cat door which is the main thing.

After we dropped off the old door, we decided to go next door to Masa's Cafeteria for lunch. Unfortunately Masa's was closed for the holidays. They'll open up again while I am visiting with Kai in Washington. We ended up going to the L&L Barbecue a couple blocks away. Kai has the BBQ Mix Plate and Grilled Mahimahi Plate that had basa in place of mahimahi.
Oh, no! Masa's is closed!
Just another day of blowin' somethin' up at L& L Barbecue.

Since it was on our way back we also stopped at Hawaiian Pie Company to pick up a pie for Christmas dinner. Kai chose the Strawberry Guava Pie.


Then we made a stop at Lucy's Lab Creamery, another local ice cream place. This one is located in Ward Village in the South Shore Market. We almost didn't go since it is a mall and it is less than a week before Christmas. But once again we were successful in getting a parking spot near the entrance. Kai tried the Bacon Whiskey flavor; I passed because they had no low carb options. Kai said the Bacon Whiskey was very good with lots of bacon in each spoonful but it was a softer type of ice cream and melted quickly, prompting him to eat it faster.



The ice cream periodic table.

Today's flavors.
Bacon Whiskey in lower right.

By the way, there is no post for yesterday. I had a sore throat and was feeling tired so I slept for most of the day so that I could get over whatever it was in order to be ready for the Holiday Hustle 5K walk on Saturday. Brent was also not feeling well and resting up for Saturday, too.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Lembi & Jacqueline!

No comments:

Post a Comment