Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Window Replacement, Day 2

David, his son Liʻi, and his son-in-law Isaiah arrived at 8 am as promised. They started on the sliding glass door and kitchen window. I easily found Luna and put her in The Roommates room but once again S'mores was hiding in somewhere; I hung out near the opening for the sliding glass door just in case she decided to come out of hiding to see what was happening.
New sliding glass door and adjacent windows installed.
Old kitchen window being removed.

I cleared the kitchen counter to keep the sawdust out of things. I decided to give the counter a deep cleaning; I used the hand held steam cleaner to help clean the surfaces.
The new kitchen window with dirty counter.
Clean counter.

I also washed the curtains; they went from brown to white! The kitchen looks different now.
Curtains before washing.
Very dirty water.
Curtains after washing.
It looks like a different place!

Luna wanted to help with the window installation; we confined her to The Roommates' room again so she wouldn't get in the way or run out the door while they were working. But we couldn't find S'mores while the installers were here and making lots of noise. About 10 minutes after they left she appeared. Luna was a little confused that her cat door was no longer there; I will have to take both the old and new doors to Screens and Things and have the cat door transferred over to the new door.


Since David, Liʻi, & Isaiah weren't going to be here until 8, I was able to do my sunrise walk again. On my drive up I saw Loy walking up Lurline ; he had a windbreaker on and was carrying his umbrella. Later I saw him at the bus stop. I also saw Mike & Marley as they started their walk. Later I saw Massimo, Ink, and Chloe Bacon walking with Tina's dog walker. During my cool down stretches I didn't see any regulars; as I was walking back to the car to eave it started to pour!
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Rain!

When I passed Wilts' house I could see the west end of the retaining wall below the house.


The 2 trees that I saw yesterday were gone today. The rotted one at the park apparently also damaged a couple branches on the tree next to it when it fell. The one that was uprooted looked like it banged up part of the gutter and broke a window.
The downed tree has been removed.
You can see the boarded up window to the right.

When I parked this morning I thought I did pretty good. The RAV4 was parallel to the line. Well, at least one line; apparently the 2 lines for this particular parking space are not parallel to each other!



I made a Fathead Pizza for dinner tonight. I used salami as the meat choice; I couldn't find pepperoni. Since each pizza is 4 servings I tried to put 4 servings worth of salami on it; which would have been 20 slices. I was only able to get 15 slices on it. Each serving has 3/4 cup of cheese and about 1/4 cup almond flour.
Pizza before baking.

Hau'oli lā Hānau to Stacey!

No comments:

Post a Comment