Monday, December 16, 2019

What's All the Racket?

When I went to do my cool down stretches on the 3rd floor lanaʻi I could hear the loud sound of machinery. It was the tree trimmers working on 2 trees outside the 1st floor offices. They only trimmed the shower tree and not the eucalyptus in front of Dad's window; the other tree was around the corner.
This is the shower tree visible from Dad's room.
The shower tree is on the right.

I got a little wet on my sunrise walk. It seemed like it would be okay when I started. But while I was making my way up Lurline there was a little shower; I took shelter under the juniper across from the Lanipoko house. The shower slowed so I started up again. Then when I was talking to Tina at her house a heavier shower started; we both took shelter under the mango tree near the end of the driveway. When that slowed down I headed out again; I figured I could stop at the bus shelter if another shower came along quickly. But that was the last shower during my walk; there was a beautiful double rainbow that ended at PT Jason's house.
Looking out from under the tree across from the Lanipoko house.
A double rainbow!

On the drive up I saw Paul & Bodhi headed back home. As I pulled in to the driveway Ona & Rio were just finishing their lap around the circle. During my walk I saw Mike & Dulci and Laure with Champ & Molly both at the start and end of their walk together. I saw Lorraine down by the park; she'll be walking even on the weekdays now if she doesn't go to Pilates since her Christmas tree blocks access to her elliptical. I saw her later on Lurline after the shower. I also saw Lynnette & June by the park and later on Lurline after the shower. It was so wet and the wind was blowing enough that the covered area under the sheltered viewpoint was too wet for me to put my backpack down; I kept it on and only did my calf stretches since those are the ones that cramp up the most for me.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I saw more Christmas decorations this morning.



Dad was asleep when I got to his room. CNA Joenena brought his breakfast shortly after I arrived; I waited til he was awake to give it to him rather than waking him up. I thought he might still be tired from yesterday. He ate all his fried egg sandwich, papaya, & banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.

The mid-morning walk started out dry and somewhat sunny; I saw Dr. Lothar fixing something at Wilts' garage. At the Lanipoko house they were pouring a concrete plate on the top of the hollow concrete blocks. Then another shower started; I took shelter under the same juniper that I did during my sunrise walk! When it slowed down I continued my walk and wondered if there would be another shower by Tina's house; there wasn't. And there was no rainbow either. But I did find a flattened brown anole.




Lunch today was Seafood pasta primavera (8g), Succotash, Garlic bread, Tossed salad (3g), Peach cream cake, and French onion soup (8g); there was no garlic bread on my tray. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


Dad ate lunch at the nurses station again; I think he likes watching the movies while he eats. Today we watched the end of a movie where a guy is reincarnated as a dog. Then we watched part of one of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.


The Christmas bears that Jenny donated to Maunalani were out at the 2nd floor nursing station. Dad liked the bears.


It was raining on and off all day. After lunch it began raining again.


I skipped the afternoon walk so I could put the final touches on Kai's room. Which included putting out his Hawai'i clothes; he leaves his shorts here since he can't really use them back in Washington.


I also made the reservation to ship the Outback to Seattle. We will drop the car off on December 23rd at the Matson shipping dock. It will be placed on the M/V Mahimahi and should be in Seattle around January 6th. And how much is this all costing? Would you believe $870? No, for real, it's only $870! What a deal!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Adnan!

No comments:

Post a Comment