Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Breakfast with Mrs. Keliikipi

CNA Jessa had just gotten Dad into his wheelchair when I arrived at his room; I wheeled him into the Orchid Dining Room. He sat at a table initially with Mr. Shinagawa; later Mrs. Keliikipi and Mrs. Pang. When I said, "Good Morning!" to Mrs. Keliikipi, Dad asked me about her; he said her name sounded familiar. Which it should. Her husband was the brother of Grandma & Grandpa's neighbor 2 houses away at Halawa Camp; they were good friends and did a lot of things together. Dad ate half of his fried egg sandwich, all of his papaya, and saved the banana for later. He drank 120 ml orange juice but not water.


My morning walk was breezy but a little warmer than usual. I saw LaVie on her way to the bus stop, then later when I was doing my cool down stretches. She was the only regular I saw today. Art's boardwalk is coming along! I also saw Romeo's retaining wall project.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Twelve minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Art's walkway in progress.
The new sideyard wall at Romeo's house.

During my morning walk I also found an  avocado on the ground; it was under the little tree just downhill from Miss Paula's house. Later, on my mid-morning walk, I saw it again, flattened. (I took a photo but it didn't come out.)


The midmorning walk was hot though it did not seem as hot as yesterday. I did not see any regulars on this walk but I did see some of the road work again; they were farther uphill on Lurline. I had to wait since it was one lane only; fortunately it was in a shady spot with a light breeze. When they let me go through I jogged through the short one-lane section so I wouldn't hold traffic up too much. They were finished with the section on Wilhelmina that I saw the other day.
The flagger is around the bend, I got to stand in the shade while waiting to pass through the construction area.

Lunch today was Honey ginger glazed chicken, Steamed rice, Pacific blend vegetables, Tossed salad, Chocolate cake, and French onion soup. Dad ate all of his peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of chocolate cake; he drank 120 ml of apple juice and 60 m of water.


The afternoon walk was hot but not unbearable; though I did try to walk in every patch of shadow that I could! Once again, I didn't see any regulars, or even construction workers! I was sweating so much sweat was dripping in to my ears! I found an egg that had fallen out of the nest; I'm not sure what kind of egg it was.



I saw LPN Luz as I was on my way back in from my walk! I have missed seeing her always smiling face wound Maunalani. She was off for some medical issues.

I saw Cat #11 Twin Cat during my morning walk; it was stalking around the house across from Koa & Kuma's house. Later, at Maunalani, Popokilani was waiting by the front door, trying to get people to feed her treats!
Cat #11 Twin Cat.
Popokilani.

On the news tonight they said the power went out at the airport; the back-up power came on in Terminal 2 but not Terminal 1. The power outage in Terminal 1 required all passengers to move over to Terminal 2 for the TSA screenings. It created a bunch of delays. Fortunately the outage only lasted about an hour. My delay on my return last Saturday was nothing compared to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment