Tuesday, June 18, 2019

WorkPlay

We went to WorkPlay for breakfast this morning; I was looking for a place that opened a little later, that we would not usually be able to go to since we usually start pretty early. WorkPlay opens at 8 am. It is an interesting place; more geared towards play than work. They basically had only 12 items on their morning menu. (I count their make-your-own-omelet as 1 item not a power of the number of possible ingredients.) The alcohol menu, however, was huge. Curtis had the Croc Madame, I had the Westcoast Crepe; based on their other "west coast" offering I think they think "west coast" means smoked salmon. The decor and special theme rooms were interesting. I would not go back again for breakfast; if I drank alcohol I guess I would go back, but I don't, so I won't. The most interesting part for me was looking at their "cartoon" wall and trying to figure out what all the characters were; I am at a disadvantage since I am so pop-culture-deprived. They also had a "living" plant wall made with plastic plants. Tacky. FYI This place got on our list because I was Googling to find the website for another place & it popped up along with the other place. I added it to the list since they said they served breakfast & they opened before 10 am. They are pretty light on dinner items as well.
This is all you will see from the road.
The storefront can't be see until you right there.

The themed rooms.
The well-stocked bar.
The cartoon wall.
The outside seating area.
Croc Madame.
Westcoast Crepe.

On my way in to Maunalani I saw CNA Joenena; she just returned from a 2 month vacation in the Philippines. I had noticed she was gone but had assumed she had moved on to one of the hospitals like many of the other CNAs.

When I got out of the car this morning I could tell the wind had changed, it was very muggy throughout my walk. I only saw Mary while walking. Later during my cool down stretches I saw Ona & Rio walking by; Ken & the early-rising dogs also went by. I saw that Peter & his family have put up a Little Free Library. And I was able to see Tree #5!
Fifteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Little Free Library.
Tree #5.

I also saw a young Red-Vented Bulbul in the middle of the road. It was flopping around a little but when I approached to check, it flew off.


There was also a night-blooming cereus in the upper parking lot. Even the driver for the refuse removal contractor stopped to take a look at it.

The driver is taking a photo.

I skipped the mid-morning walk since we got done later than usual; the service at WorkPlay was slow because they were short a couple of kitchen staff. I decided I could make do with the afternoon walk. The temperature in the garage was high again.


Lunch today was Cheeseburger on bun, Hawaiian coleslaw, Banana pudding, and Potato chowder. As usual I ate the cheeseburger as a lettuce wrap. Dad ate all of his peanut butter & banana sandwich and commented on how good it tasted! He also ate both of the banana puddings. He drank 120 ml of cranberry juice and 60 ml water. Part way through lunch Edmund came in and put up a new clock for Dad!


I had forgotten about the veterans event that was happening this afternoon until CNA Nicole dropped by to remind me. Jayna came to talk with more veterans today; she interviewed Mr. Omiya, Mr. Watanabe, and Mr. Ikuma. I need to consider walking in the evening when I skip walks during the day! I skipped the afternoon walk to attend the event; but even though I have been missing a couple of my walks I have been walking a lot. So much that I earned Samsung Health's India badge.
 

Today I finally saw Uncle Toni! I forgot to mention on Sunday I saw Mrs. Tanaka's son & he confirmed that she was doing well. So all the residents that I know are now accounted for.

I broke my 2nd pair of reading glasses on the way in to Maunalani today; they didn't last very long. The left temple piece has broken off after just a couple of months: I lost it somewhere on my way in to the building. My 1st pair lasted for about 6 months before I lost them; I bought this pair earlier this year as a replacement. I found the 1st pair a month ago when I was looking for my lost contact lens. The glasses had fallen between the seat & the frame of the car; even though the nose pieces are missing I'll start using them again until I get a new pair. In the meanwhile, it was a little awkward to balance them on my nose & one ear while I was reading things today.
I found the broken piece by the car door.

I had also lost the gasket for the charging door of the LifeProof case. It had been loose and finally fell off; I noticed it was missing when I got to Dad's room.
I found it on the floor of the car.

I forgot my water bottle today. I found out when I arrived in Dad's room. It was back at home on the kitchen counter.


Russel is missing! Please help Russel get back home again.


No comments:

Post a Comment