Monday, June 24, 2019

Cloudy Day

It rained this morning before I left the house and was overcast for the whole day. Fortunately it didn't drizzle during my morning walk. Because LaVie frequently asks me if TheBus has gone by I try to pay attention to when it does pass by; today on the drive up I saw one at 5:37, then when I was walking another went by at 5:58. I saw LaVie at 6; I told her she missed the bus. So she walked up Lurline with me.
Nineteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

We saw Caroline & Olive on their morning walk; she said her house is now going through escrow. She's not counting on it being sold until everything is signed. Just as we approached Kelly's house he & Abby came out & started their walk. Abby kept looking back at me so at the top of Lurline Kelly stopped & we caught up to them so I could play with Abby. Kelly & Abby and I continued around the circle while LaVie stayed at the bus shelter. Kelly & I had a great conversation about our solar PV systems & getting electric cars to use up some of the excess; so far neither of us has done that.

I finally took a photo of Wendy's solar torch. The one that flickers like it was real torchlight. I will have to come by at night some time to see that.


CNA Jessa was washing Dad up for breakfast when I arrived; he did not want to get in to the wheelchair. But a few minutes later when I asked him he said yes, so we quickly got him in to the wheelchair before he could change his mind! He shared a table with Mrs. Pang. Dad ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of the papaya; he saved the apple banana for later. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.


I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do my mid-morning walk; it looked questionable when I looked out the window. But when I got to the front door I could see that it was only very lightly misting. I was able to do the entire walk but I didn't see any regulars. I think the precipitation scared people off even though it wasn't very heavy, it evaporated from my UPF shirt before it could soak through. I found half of an egg shell far from any trees; one of the parents removed it from the nest so predators would not be drawn to the nest by the smell.

There's a little bit of yolk in the shell but I couldn't get a good photo of it.

Lunch today was Seafood pasta primavera, Succotash, Garlic bread, Tossed salad, Peach cream cake, and French onion soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake; he drank 120 ml of apple juice but no water.


It rained after lunch so I thought I wasn't going to do the afternoon walk. However, it changed and began to mist; later it slowed down so it was drier than my mid-morning walk. Again I saw no regulars walking but I did see Steph & her husband driving by; I'm not sure where they were going.
This is the usual reference photo I use for the afternoon since it faces the sun.
This one faces the direction of the morning & mid-morning photos; they really were taken at different times!

I returned early from my walk so that I could be there to help get Dad in to his wheelchair so that he could go to see his friend Walter's daughter Lynn play the ukulele and sing with Gloria. He sat through the entire hour long sing-along. Then he stayed in the wheelchair and had dinner in the Orchid Dining Room; we sat at a table with his roommate Mr. Pires and Mr.Watanabe.


Dinner today was Herbed pork loin, Steamed rice, Seasoned carrots, Strawberry banana gel, and Creamy corn and vegetable soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 tuna sandwich and one cup of gelatin; he drank 120 ml orange juice.


During my morning walk I saw Laidback Cat during my first lap around the circle. Later when I went by with Kelly & Abby, she barked at someone as we were passing Mike's house but I couldn't see which cat it was.


Not sure if this is getting better. It could be that the cat who knows how to use the Cat Genie is making her deposit in the proper place and the other one is not. I prefer to think that the one who is having difficulties is now getting it half the time!


Next week The Roommates have 2 friends coming to stay for a week. We are putting them up in the middle room. Which has been getting used as a storage room while we were cleaning things out. But on Friday Patrick texted; they had an intern coming in that needed housing from tomorrow through the month of July. I told him we could do it from tomorrow to the 2nd. Calvin arrives tomorrow night so The Roommates are cleaning the room out tonight.
The middle room clean-up in progress.
Temporary storage area.
The unsuspecting soon-to-be-occupant.

Look what I found today! I also got a bill for a subscription for a full week even though I have already paid for a 4-day a week subscription which is delivered on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, & Sunday. I'm not going to pay the full week bill; hopefully they'll get the message and stop delivering for the days I have not paid for.


Sad news; I dropped my binoculars after my mid-morning cool down stretches. They landed on the tiled floor in the 1st floor bathroom. Unlike the Fitbit, it did damage them; one of the lenses is now misaligned. I will have to take it in to be repaired before I can use them again without getting a headache! (Sadly, this is not a repair I am able to do.)

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Allis!

No comments:

Post a Comment