Saturday, June 29, 2019

Changing Weather

It has been pleasantly cloudy these last couple of days; a much needed break from the record setting high temperatures we had the last few weeks. This morning was also cloudy; I loved it! I saw Wendy, Bella, & Mickey during my walk. Later during my cool down stretches I saw Ona jogging by twice! May be I should do that once a week also? May be only once around the circle, which would give me 0.4 miles of jogging. Slowly. I'll have to think about this.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived. Today he ate half his fried egg sandwich, all of his papaya and saved his apple banana for later. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water.

When I looked out the window about half an hour before my mid-morning walk it was apparent we were changing back to the hot weather. There were less clouds and more blue sky. My walk started out with a nice breeze under a shadow from a cloud. As I was coming up to the top of Lurline, I saw Suzette out by the garage so I went over to talk to her. I had not seen her in a while but had noticed her car gone early in the morning, returning in the afternoon; it looked like she was back at work. And she was! But yesterday she was a little under the weather so that's why I saw her return early. We had a great conversation! While we were talking, Glenn came by with Cinder; I originally met him back in October when he was walking their other dog Cooper who is deaf. I did a whopping 0.64 miles! All total I was gone for 43 minutes but only walked for 12 of those minutes, but it was worth it to see that Suzette was doing well.


Lunch today was Saucy cabbage roll, Steamed rice, Sauteed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. My tray arrived without the soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but only half of one piece of cake. He drank 60 ml cranberry juice and 40 ml water.


Dad's cellulitis is still giving him a low grade fever, its been hovering about 99.5 F yesterday & today. It has made him lethargic; he is sleeping even more than he usually does. The redness seems to have spread a little, previously it was only on the back of his left thigh, today part of the the front of his thigh is red as well as the top of his lower leg. Dr. Greis said the antibiotic would take 48 hours to build up to therapeutic levels; that will be later this evening so we will see what it looks like tomorrow.
LPN Chivas measures the red portion below Dad's knee cap.

Apparently Dad's roommate, Mr. Pires, went to the hospital on Thursday after I left. I had not seen him yesterday when I left about noon and had not seen him this morning. I thought he had just gotten out of bed early and was in the dining room or at the nurses station! All of his things are here and his name is still on the door so I was not clued in that anything might be amiss.

I skipped the afternoon walk. LPN Chivas was planning on coming back to check out Dad's leg so I wanted to be present when he did. Things looked the same so I left at my regular time. Later, when I was running errands, RN Sierra called. Dr. Greis had changed the antibiotic; they were going to start Dad on vancomycin which needed to be done intravenously.

Here's what the downspout discharge area looks like when it is really sunny and dry.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment