Thursday, June 27, 2019

Good Bye, Mr. Yamada!

Mr. Yamada's memorial was this evening. It was good to see Mrs. Yamada, Shirley & Guy, and Brian & Cindy & their sons again. Found out how kolohe Mr. Yamada was as a young man! I met Shirley & Guy's neighbors Lance & his mother Halcyon; Lance & I had a great conversation about caring for aging parents. Tomorrow is Mr. Yamada's interment at Puowaina; I plan on being there.

I saw a lot of regulars during my morning walk today; I think its because the weather has settled down & dried out. During my morning walk, I saw Romeo & Karpo, Cody & Rollie & their human, Calvin the Recycler, and Mary. Later I saw Kelly & Abby about a block ahead of me as I made my way up Lurline. During my cool down stretches I saw Ona & Rio. I also saw the White Cockatoo fly from near the park towards Michael & Spike's house but I could not see where it actually ended up landing.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was just getting up when I got to his room. He decided to eat breakfast in bed; his roommate Mr. Pires also stayed in bed for breakfast. Dad ate everything this morning; a fried egg sandwich, papaya, and a banana. He also drank 120 ml apple juice and 60 ml water.

When I looked out the window before my mid-morning walk it looked like it wanted to rain. But it didn't; it stayed nice & dry the whole walk. And it was also less muggy since it wasn't as hot as it has been. Then during my cool down stretches it began to very lightly drizzle!

Lunch today was Meat jun, Steamed Rice, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Brownie, and Chicken jook. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 brownies; he drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.

I donʻt eat the carb-rich parts of the meal. The empty green plate is from Dadʻs lunch.

I skipped the afternoon walk; I was having difficulties accessing 2 on-line applications that I started for Kai and forgot about the time. Since I was planning to go to Mr. Yamada's memorial I did not have time to do my walk and get home to get ready for his memorial without too much rushing around. I spent the rest of the time updating my spreadsheet of things I need to do. I really need to print a hard copy and hang it on my door so it is in front of me all the time!

I discovered I can open the window and stick my phone out through the openings in the screen that allow you reach out to grab the window to close it, and take a photo of the downspout discharge area. I just have to be careful not to drop my phone in to the water since the LifeProof case is no longer waterproof and I can't get another case to fit my phone since its so old. Here's what it looks like sort of dry and when there is a light drizzle.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to June & Anne! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #10 to Steve &

No comments:

Post a Comment