Thursday, June 20, 2019

Mystery Solved!

Sort of. When Ken came to see Mrs. Moody at lunch time I went out to talk with him. I told him about finding the crayfish yesterday and asked if he had any in his fish pond. He said he did! And they are about the size of the one I found. Now we need to figure out how it got out to the road; his pond is way at the back of the property, about 120 feet from where I found the crayfish. By the way, I looked for it again this morning & couldn't find it; I am assuming a scavenger ate it.

The weather people were right last night; the trades are starting to die down. It was very muggy this morning when I started my sunrise walk; the air felt thick. I saw Mary twice during my walk. The 1st time I saw Mary, LaVie was about 50 feet behind her. I was just taking my Sierra Drive photo when LaVie passed; she asked what I was taking a photo of. I told her I did a reference photo from that point when I walked; she said I was taking a photo of 'Life'! During my cool down stretches Ken & the early-rising dogs passed by as I was doing my arm exercises; he mimicked me until I saw him & waved!
Clouds on the mountain at 22 minutes to sunrise.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I arrived; he had finished all of his fried egg sandwich and papaya but had not started on the banana. He had also finished the 120 ml of cranberry juice but had not started on the water. He fell asleep shortly after I arrived.

During my mid-morning walk the irrigation was on for the hāpuʻu. As I was coming up the hill I could see the spray for the old one but not the new one; the new one was facing in the same direction as the old one towards the northeast so from a distance it looked like one spray. It had slipped during the night, probably due to the breeze; I repositioned it so that it was spraying towards the southwest so the other frond would get more moisture. While doing that I also got sprayed; it felt really good! I think while this heat wave is going on, if the misters are on I will stop for a few seconds to cool down.

The misters are working!

Lunch today was Pork long squash, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Sweet corn haupia, and Beef vegetable soup; my tray did not have any soup on it. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 desserts; he drank 120 ml apple juice and 60 ml water.


I did the afternoon walk; it felt hot as I left the building. I tried to walk in every patch of shade that I could! I was looking forward to getting sprayed by the new mister on the hāpuʻu but my timing was off and it was not on. On the news tonight they said another record was broken today; it was 92 degrees F! These high temperatures have been going on since mid-May!


I picked papayas when I got home this afternoon; I really should have done it a couple days ago. I picked 11 papayas but 3 were over ripe; I'll eat those. I left 2 for Lois & 3 for Marcus out on the RAV4; I will be giving 3 to Jenny.


Just a clarification about Russel, the lost cat in Tuesday's post. Russel is not my cat; I just want to help get the word out about Russel being missing. So here's his picture again; he's been missing for almost a month now.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Alika & Tristen!

No comments:

Post a Comment