Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Zippy's Waiau

Breakfast today was at Zippy's in Waiau because Grandpa Maui's adult day care facility was closed for the Kamehameha Day holiday and Curtis had to stay home when Jenny left for her appointments later in the morning. Curtis had his usual Chili Moco with one egg; I tried the Zippy's Omelette. I was disappointed by the omelette; it was very bland considering the ingredients they said it contained and that I could see that it contained! I'll try something different as we visit all the Zippy's locations on the island.
Zippy's Waiau, now serving local chicken.

Hmmmm, what are these?
They are EcoSticks; supposedly less packaging so more eco-friendly.
Chili Moco.
Zippy's Omelette.

Obviously I didn't do the morning walk since I went to breakfast but I did get in before Dad finished his breakfast. Usually when we go out to breakfast I come in after everything is cleared. But today I left for Curtis' house at 5:30 and it only took 23 minutes to get there; usually it takes 30. On the way back it usually takes 35 minutes; today it took 30. Curtis said the traffic is lighter since school is out for the summer. When I got to Maunalani, Dad was just finishing up his banana; he had already finished his fired egg sandwich & papaya. He also drank 120 ml apple juice and 120 ml coffee.

Today I saw Mrs. Akiyama, Mrs. Chong, & Mr. Shiraki. I noticed that Mr. Chong's name was not on his door; I am hoping it is because he is done with rehab. He has been in and out of here for rehab in the past 6 months or so. I found out Mr. Podhorzer passed away on June 1st. I still haven't found out a about Mrs. Tanaka & Uncle Toni.

My midmorning walk was the first one for today. Since its a holiday I wasn't expecting any work to be done on any of the projects around the neighborhood; I was mistaken. Work was being done on Art's walkway, a new wall was being built by Romeo's driveway, they were busily working on both of the houses near the steep turn on Lurline, & Kelly's project was also being worked on. The road work, however, was not.


Lunch today was Pork adobo, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Chilled diced pears, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and a couple spoonfuls of pears; he doesn't like pears. Before I left on my walk, CNA Nicole told me to come by when I got back for some special takoyaki that she was making for a cooking demonstration. I did. I took a sample for Dad; he was suspicious of the looks of it. He ate a bite and wasn't excited about it; I finished it off for him. It was "special" because it was made with sausage instead of tako!

Dad eating the special takoyaki.

Dad has frequently asked me if I knew who owned the big house that he could see out the window. He wondered why the lady spent so much time standing out on the deck. I finally figured out what he was looking at; its an umbrella on the deck.


I ended up skipping my afternoon walk; I was feeling extremely tired. I stayed until the shift change at Maunalani so I could let the new staffers know that Curtis was off today & wouldn't be there.

I forgot to mention earlier that the cat run has been finished! But S'mores & Luna are not allowed out there yet. The Roommates want to get them on their flea meds before they put them outside so that they don't pick up any fleas or ticks that might have dropped off of any cats passing through the area while the cat run was down. I also had all my cats on medication for fleas & ticks for the first couple of years when they were in the cat run since the area had been totally open before and was frequently used by a number of neighborhood cats.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jeannette!

No comments:

Post a Comment