Saturday, June 22, 2019

Garage Sale

We had our 1st garage sale today. A lot of what was put out was Mom's clothes; she had 2&1/2 closets of clothes. We also put out some of Dad's clothes. And we still have more clothes. We also put out the many suitcases and bags that Mom had. Whatever didn't sell we took to the Goodwill donation center.
Hmm, sign needs a little work to be seen better.
Customers at 5 minutes after 9.

While we were setting up Luna was very interested in what we were doing. Both she & S'mores watched but didn't try to get out of the door.


When I first saw this shirt I thought, "Cool! Red blood cells!" Not. They're pink glazed donuts. Not as cool.


As we were closing up the garage sale DT noticed Luna looking suspiciously towards the laundry room. She had spotted the water overflowing out of the laundry sink; a small rag had dropped in the sink and was plugging the drain, flooding the floor. It might have gotten a lot worse if Luna hadn't been acting strange. DT & I concentrated on sopping up the water while the others cleaned up the garage sale. Itʻs a good thing we had a bunch of towels sitting nearby that were being sorted for another garage sale!
It's a good thing we have a lot of towels!
We put the wet towels in my shower until we could wash them.
Luna the Hero!

After we cleaned up we went to lunch at Chili's. Brent's friend Nikki went with us; she had the Bacon Avocado Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Brent had the Honey-Chipotle Crispers & Waffles, Shawn & DT had the Triple Dipper with Southwestern Eggrolls, Boneless Wings, & Big Mouth Bites, and I had the 10 oz Classic Sirloin with Grilled Avocado.
Bacon Avocado Grilled Chicken Sandwich. (Photo by Nikki)
Honey-Chipotle Crispers & Waffles. (Photo by Brent)
Triple Dippers. (Photo by Shawn)
Classic Sirloin with Grilled Avocado.

I started out the day by doing my sunrise walk. I could see the sun giving the clouds a pink glow as I got in the car. About half an hour earlier it had rained; I could still see a lot of clouds around Maunalani as I waited on Wai'alae. But when I got up there I couldn't see any signs of any precipitation. I didn't see any regulars on my walk but I did see Ona jogging by as I was doing my cool-down stretches. And I saw Ken go by twice with his dogs.
Twenty-nine minutes before sunrise at the house.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise on Wai'alae.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Cat #10, Sleepy Cat.

I didn't do any other walks due to the garage sale but I did a lot of work helping to set up. It was so hot I sweat as much as I would have if I had been walking! I actually ended up taking 2 showers to keep cool!

In between buyers we picked a bunch of jabong that we put out for the garage sale. I gave several to the Lois; their son Gordon was home for a visit. I took the ones that didn't sell to Kokua Market; Abdul gave me a bag of kale in exchange. We also picked mangoes; we got about 20 of them of varying sizes and there are more green ones on the tree.


It's Saturday! I don't think they gave the message to the delivery guy.


Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #37 to John & Ruth!

No comments:

Post a Comment