Friday, June 25, 2021

Cancel Culture?

I cancelled the reservation with Young Brothers to ship the Crosstrek. It was amazingly easy. I sent them a copy of the confirmation email for the reservation and asked how to cancel it since I did not see any instructions on their website. Seven minutes later I had a return email saying it was cancelled! That's the kind of cancel culture I like!


It was not as easy with Hawaiian Airlines to cancel Dylan & Bryi's reservations to fly to Hawaiʻi Island in August; it took 7 attempted calls & 38 minutes once I got a real person. The backstory is that I have ordered Wet Okole seat covers for the Crosstrek & Dylan is going to help me install them. Since the car was going to be on Hawaiʻi Island he said he would fly over to do the installation; I told him I would pay for him & Bryi to come over for the weekend with my Hawaiian AirMiles plus $12 each. Then Sarah changed her plans to move this summer so the Crosstrek did not need to get shipped over; so flights over needed to be cancelled. I made 6 earlier calls because the phone message would get stuck on the 10 second sound byte letting me know if I got a Hawaiian Airlines Elite credit card I could get one free checked bag! I could only handle listening to it for a few minutes then I would hang up. On the 7th try I decided to tough it out and finally got to a real person. I stayed on to take the phone survey so I could express my displeasure at their malfunctioning phone message.

FYI Because I used Hawaiian AirMiles I am getting a full refund on my miles as well as a credit back to my Hawaiian Airlines Elite credit card for the $12 per person in real money that has to be paid for each ticket. There is also no restriction on when I can rebook their flights; we have already talked about Dylan & Bryi coming for a real vacation after I make the permanent move.

I had another fennel greens proothie this morning. This one had more stalks in it than usual so I blended it a little bit longer so there would be no tough bits of stem. 


I continued working on the dining room and once again had to start with emptying the recycle bin which was filled from yesterday. I cleared the rack on the top of the cart & was able to move the appliances off the food table and on to the cart. I still have the lower shelf to go through.

I picked this rack up for Mom about 5 years ago.
And its already falling apart.
Some of the appliances The Roommates use often.

One of the things I found on the cart was a very heavy Godiva box; much heavier than just chocolates. I opened the lid and found ... plastic bags. Under the bags I found ... more bags. Then I finally found out what was making it so heavy, a bunch of $1 presidential coins; about $300 worth of them.


I went to Kokua to get the things to make panini on Saturday. While I was there I also picked up some lunch. I got some meatballs with red peppers and Brussels sprouts & mushroom salad. I also got an avocado, a vegan pizza, & a new non-dairy frozen dessert called Nada Moo. 


I tried the Daiya vegan pizza for dinner tonight. It said 1 serving was 1/4 of the pizza; an easy to cut amount. But the pieces were tiny so I actually ate 1/2 of the pizza for dinner.


Keala & Luna were in their usual places this morning and so was S'mores. But I took a little extra time to get a good photo of S'mores in her safe place.

S'mores looks more relaxed here than other places.

The Aix weather app forecast it would be partly cloudy all day here and it was; though it tended to be more sunny than cloudy. Kapaʻau was forecast to have a little precipitation in the afternoon but not anything measurable. 

Waikoloa at 9:41 a.m.
CFHT at 9:41 a.m.
Hilo Bay at 9:43 a.m.
Waikoloa at 2:54 p.m.
CFHT at 2:53 p.m.
Honomu at 2:54 p.m.
Hilo Bay at 2:55 p.m.

There was a magnitude 4.1 earthquake southwest of Palmer, Alaska, about 21 miles below the surface. It did not generate a tsunami.


Dr. Ron's COVIDEO #6 is about Nitric Oxide, Nasal Breathing, & COVID-19. Nitric oxide helps relax smooth muscles to improve circulation & also helps with breathing by relaxing the muscles with in lung tissue. It also blocks viral replication including that of COVID-19. Nasal breathing & exercise increases nitric oxide in blood. It is currently being tested to see if it can assist in improving outcomes for COVID-19 patients. He also discusses the negative impacts of using antibacterial mouthwashes.


There were 48 new cases of COVID-19 reported today for a total of known cases of 37352. There was also 1 new death reported, increasing the death toll to 514; currently 601 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 25 with a positivity rate of 1.4%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Felipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment