Tuesday, June 8, 2021

No Mosquitoes!

... in the outside shower. At least, that is the hope. Ben sent me photos of the completed work on screening the outside shower enclosure this morning. He also sent me photos of the brand new ramp made of Trex composite. It added $1200 to the repair costs since he replaced the entire ramp and not just the 3 or 4 boards that had collapsed. I am fine with him rebuilding the ramp, the termites had gotten in to the other one. I will have to have the house inspected again when I am there in July. 

Screened in shower & retractable clothesline. (Photo by Ben)
Shouldn't have any more problems with this. (Photo by Ben)

I made the last beet greens proothie this morning. Tomorrow will be the fennel greens proothie!


The Aix weather app forecast rain through much of the day for all 3 locations that I watch. That was not the case here; I'm not sure what it was like in the other places.

At 12:41 pm.

I sent Sarah & Evan several rentals that I found today. Several of them look promising, hope they are still around next month for Sarah & Evan to look at them. 

This is the highest ranked of today's rentals.
This was ranked 3rd out of today's options. Extra rooms could be offices.
This would be close to Donna's Cookies!
Start date is close to when they are thinking about renting a place.

I ended up tossing the basil I was trying to root. All the starts turned brown and died. I think it might be because they were in the refrigerator for a while.

FAIL!

I had started the process of getting Dad's car registered about a month ago with getting the provisional safety check; I needed to get the registration and return to get the official safety check. But when I went to the Department of Licensing kiosk at Safeway that day it kept telling me the safety check was invalid. The error message on the screen said to call the kiosk vendor; when I called the phone message said I needed to call on Monday. It was Saturday. I ran out of time that day and decided to do it when I got back from Hawaiʻi Island. When I returned I tried again at the kiosk and it told me again that the safety check was invalid. It was Monday, I called, but it was a holiday! Auē! So I did it today; I started by getting another safety check because it was now 30 days past the 1st one so it the other one was expired. I tried to go straight to the satellite city hall at Ala Moana so I could talk with a real person but they had moved and I wasn't able to find them. So I went back to the kiosk and got another error message; I was able to get a real person on the phone this time. But she said it would take 24 to 48 hours for the kiosk to get the updated information from the safety check station, it was not more immediate like it was pre-pandemic. So I went to the Kapālama Satellite City Hall and was able to get his car registered. I still needed to return to the safety check station to get the official safety check sticker; so I drove there in the Crosstrek since the RAV4 was not yet registered. (I had taken the Crosstrek to Kapālama since its is much farther away than the kiosk.) But it turns out I needed to bring Dad's car in because they need to take a photo of the car being registered. Auē! I was able to get back about 10 minutes before they closed & finally got it offricially registered. I ended up spending half of today doing that!

At the Department of Licensing.

I was here at the Safety Check station 3 times today.

There were 36 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 36,685. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 505; currently 711 cases are considered active. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Steve & Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment