Monday, June 28, 2021

Rain-X

For about a week now I have been getting an error message on the Crosstrek instrument panel saying my windshield wiper fluid level was low. I had checked and found no windshield washer fluid in storage, though I did find an empty Rain-X gallon bottle. I used the bottle to mix up the concentrate that I picked up at NAPA. It turns out the reservoir is almost exactly 1 gallon; so for the future I will just need to pour 4 ounces of Rain-X concentrate in the reservoir, then fill it up with water.

The gallon jug was empty.

I made a fennel greens proothie this morning. I think I've got one more serving of fennel greens for another proothie tomorrow.


For lunch I was going to call in an order to Juicy Brew and pick it up after I was done at the post office. But when I pulled up my order on the laptop, there was a note saying , "Our store is not currently accepting orders." It turns out the Kaimukī location is closed on Mondays. Auē! I ended up eating the leftover Daiya pizza for lunch.

I really wanted to try this!

The Aix weather app forecast it would be partly cloudy here all day; it sort of was but with more sun than clouds. Aix forecast enough precipitation through early afternoon for there to be accumulation; web cam photos don't seem to support this. An interesting thing is that when I took the 1st screen grab Marysville was ab out 20 degrees hotter than here in Honolulu. About 2&1/2 hours later it was still the same. 

Waikoloa at 11:06 a.m.
CFHT at 11:06 a.m.
Honomu at 11:07 a.m.
Hilo Bay at 11:07 a.m.

Honolulu at 12:21 p.m.
Waikoloa at 7:24 p.m.
CFHT at 7:23 p.m.

Honomu at 7:24 p.m.
Hilo Bay at 7:25 p.m.
 

Dr. Ron discusses Vitamin D, COVID-19, & Racial Disparity in COVIDEO #9. Prior to COVID-19 a meta-analysis of studies on Vitamin D found that supplementation did lower the risk of lung infections; it was strongest in patients with the lowest levels. It also found that regular daily or weekly dosing was more effective than sporadic, high-dose supplementation. More recent studies have also shown that there is a correlation between Vitamin D levels & COVID-19 severity. In regards to racial disparity, it comes in to play because national guidelines for the amount of Vitamin D needed are based on a "one race fits all" approach. He also discusses Vitamin D supplementation strategies as well as how to safely get Vitamin D from sun exposure.


There were 22 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 37,669. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 516; currently there are 551 cases considered active. Through Saturday, a total of 1,675,553 doses of vaccine have been administered, making 57% of the total state population fully vaccinated. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 25 with a 1.4% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e ʻīlioholoikauaua P03!

No comments:

Post a Comment