Thursday, June 24, 2021

More Rain Garden Project Photos

I went to take photos for the rain garden project site today about the same time we met on Monday. The angle of the sun was almost the same but the parking lot was very full! I was still able to get the photos. Here are annotated photos for the basic project.

The purple overflow will be underground.
Close up of curb cut area.

Here are the photos of the options that could be added to increase areas for infiltration.


When I was done it was just about time to pick up my lunch which I had ordered online just before I left the house. Because I was going to be nearby I ordered lunch from Juicy Brew; as I try to increase the amount of plant-based meals I eat each week, I have also been trying to support plant-based food businesses. Today I got the Karaage Black Sesame Chick'n Burger & Apple Blueberry Muffin. Both are very good & would order them again.


I made a fennel proothie this morning. It kinda reminds me of a dry version of some freshwater algae. But with a much nicer fragrance.


I started out my clean up of the dining room by emptying the indoor recycle bin; I had filled it up yesterday mainly with #1 & #2 plastics. I filled it up again today with more recyclables that Mom was saving because people had given her things in them & she wanted to remember them; today it was aluminum pans. And I found an electric tempura-fondue cooker, which might come in handy for The Roommates when they deep fry things.

How far I got yesterday.

All the cats were visible this morning; S'mores seemed to think it was okay to be out in the open while napping.

If I found Keala outside by the side of the road like this I would think she was dead!
Nope, just snoozing.
I have found Luna in one of the carriers almost every morning for the past few weeks.
S'mores is not happy that I disturbed her.

The Aix weather app forecast Honolulu would be partly cloudy but with no precipitation and that was true. For Kapaʻau it indicated rain beginning in midafternoon; it's hard for me to say if that's what really happened. None of the web cams are close enough to give me specific information, I can just generally say it was at least partly cloudy today.

At 10:09 a.m.
Looking northerly from Waikoloa at 10:15 a.m.
At 4:01 p.m., looking suspiciously like the 10:09 a.m. photo.
Looking northerly from Waikoloa at 4:01 p.m.
Looking northwesterly from CFHT at 4:02 p.m.
Looking at Hilo Bay at 4:04 p.m.

There was an earthquake near Puerto Rico; it did not generate a tsunami. But even if it did, it would not affect us. Unless it was ginormous, and if it was that big we would have other problems to be more worried about. 

 

Dr. Ron's COVIDEO #5is about Melatonin & COVID-19. Melatonin helps to regulate sleep & Circadian rhythms, reduces inflammation caused by NLP3, and has anti-oxidant actions. Dr. Ron talks about how to naturally conserve your melatonin amounts including getting natural sunlight in the morning & solar noon, finishing meals earlier, eliminate blue light at least 90 minutes before bedtime, and keeping a consistent schedule. He also addresses the use of melatonin supplements.


On July 8th fully vaccinated travelers with their vaccine cards will allow people to bypass quarantine and pre-travel testing requirements. Vaccine cards must be uploaded to the Safe Travels website. Gathering sizes will also be increased with restaurants able to seat 75% of capacity.


There were 55 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 37,484. There were no new deaths reported today, keeping the death toll at 513; currently 628 cases are considered active. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Allis!

No comments:

Post a Comment