Sunday, June 27, 2021

Nada Moo!

On Friday I mentioned that I went to Kokua Market to pick up some things for the panini that we had yesterday. One of the other things I also picked up was a non-dairy frozen dessert called Nada Moo. I had some for dessert tonight. It was rich, creamy, & chocolaty with a hint of coconut flavor. I would buy this again.


Since today is a Fast Day, there will be no photos of a proothie or lunch. I started eating at dinner time but forgot to take a photo.

When I went to move the car this morning so The Potential Most Favorite Roommate could get his car out of the garage, I decided to check out the plants in the back yard. I found a couple of the Roommate's succulents have bloomed & one will be blooming soon.

Unknown succulent.
I think the one blooming is Haworthia fasciata.

Later Ben called to let me know the cabinet guy has not yet started on work I needed done due to a lot of other work he has. I told him I would be there on July 6th so if the cabinet guy wanted to wait to talk with me I was fine with that. Ben also wanted to pick some calamansi, which was fine with me. 

I was on Facebook for a short while this morning. I ran across a funny post to share with you.


I ended up at #21 on the Duolingo leader board this week.


You may (or may not) have noticed that I changed one of the locations I am tracking via the Aix weather app. I have replaced Everett with Marysville since that is where Kai is located. According to the Aix app, this morning around 5:30 it was 77 here, at that same time it was 89 in Marysville! It was around 12:30 before we got near that temperature at 87 degrees; in Marysville it was 102! The app said it would be partly cloudy all day and it was. In Kapaʻau it forecast rain all day but the photos around the island did not seem to support that.

Waikoloa at 1:24 p.m.
CFHT at 1:24 p.m.
Honomu at 1:26 p.m.
Hilo Bay at 1:26 p.m.

Dr. Ron's COVIDEO #8 Media Distancing discusses how the intensity of news about COVID-19 can have an effect on the immune system. He recommends limiting total media dose exposure, time it appropriately, use high quality media, & change the state you are in when you are in front of the media. He recommends limiting it to 45 to 60 minutes a day and only do it as a block rather than throughout the day; he has other tips.


There were 51 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 37,647. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 516; currently there are 579 cases considered to be active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 25 with a positivity rate of 1.5%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Carole, June, & Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment