Sunday, June 13, 2021

More Ubering

I helped The Bronco Dude pick up the couch this morning. He had scoped it out back in May with The Most Excellent Cook and had planned on picking it up on this visit. But he wasn't sure it would fit in the RAV4. After taking measurements of the couch as well as the RAV4 it looked like it would fit. But when we got to the Kāpalama Costco the display model was gone! Costco staff person Calvin looked it up and found that there were 36 at the Waipio Costco and 30 at the Kapolei Costco; we opted for Waipio since it was closer. He was able to get one there and the Costco staff helped load it on top of the RAV4. After 150 feet of rope The Bronco Dude felt the couch was secured enough; we took surface streets for the next 18 miles back to their condo with no incidents. The Roommates met us there and helped move the couch up to the condo.

The couch display at Kåpalama Costco was replaced with these mattresses.
The Waipio Costco had 25 couches on display.
Almost ready to go.

We also had to return to Home Depot; the fan he picked up yesterday does not fit. Today he got a different fan; hopefully it will fit. I also picked up 1/4 inch tees, 1/4 inch connectors, & a couple more 180 degree pattern sprinkler heads that I forgot to get yesterday. I also got a roll of bubble wrap. 


I did find out that Home Depot now carries a drip irrigation kit; but unlike the one from Lowe's it does not include the timer mechanism, you have to get that separately. Which then makes it more expensive than the kit from Lowe's.


I ate a regular breakfast this morning because I could not resist the smell of the breakfast treats that The Potential Most Favorite Roommate picked up. It was a good thing I ate; I was running around for 4&1/2 hours with the couch rather than the 1&1/2 hours that I had initially anticipated. And I forgot to bring extra water to drink. The breakfast helped me get through that extended time running around with less calories. 


Driving out to Home Depot & Costco this morning was really different than yesterday. The road was deserted compared to yesterday.  

 

We saw a bunch of chickens at Costco Waipio sitting around right by the chairs & tables at the entrance. They were getting really comfortable there. This Costco is close to the area where I saw the feral piglets grazing along the side of the road last year.


In the afternoon I received several photos from Ben; he previously sent me photos of the ramp and light fixtures that he had swapped. Ben has completed all the repairs except 2; he will send photos of those 2 when they are completed. I sent him a check for $2150. I am still waiting for a quote from the cabinet guy for work on 4 cabinetry-related repairs.

The window over the laundry sink now opens.
The platform for the outdoor shower had been repainted.
The supports for the new shower plumbing has been painted.
The window has been unjammed.
The door latch has been adjusted so the door closes properly.
The guide for the shower door has been secured.
A cap has been added to the upper end of the rain gutter.
The retractable clothesline has been installed.


Today was the end of the weekly Duolingo leaderboard. I finished 26th out of 30; which means I  don't get any rewards except not getting demoted to the lower tier. My 26th place finish is to be expected after seeing yesterday's weekly progress report where I studied less than I did last week.

 

The Aix weather app again forecast rain through the middle of the afternoon. There was a brief drizzle in the morning for a few minutes; the rest of the day was partly cloudy. I'm not sure how it was in the other areas.

At 10:05 a.m.

The predicted track of Tropical Storm Carlos has straightened out; it will now be coming closer to the boundary of the Central Pacific region. Although Carlos has been moving west-southwest at about 7 mph, it is still about 1900 miles away from us. 


There were 36 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 37,011. There were no new deaths reported so the number of fatalities remains at 506; currently 695 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 23 with a positivity rate of 1.0%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dante! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo e Makahiki ___ e Patricia & Marvin! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo e Makahiki ʻumikumamākahi e Sally & Vince!

No comments:

Post a Comment