Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Zoom

I hosted a Zoom call with Sarah, Evan, & Susan; Evan is thinking about applying for a position at Hawaiʻi Preparatory Academy and Susan was a student there in her high school years. It ended up that Sarah was in an online class so was unable to join us except for a short 5-minute break. I think it was a productive call; Susan answered a lot of Evan's questions.

Because of the pandemic they waived the 40 minute meeting limit.

I made another beet greens proothie with a little bit of fresh basil. I kinda like that hint of basil; I hope the basil sprigs I set aside will root so I can have some growing fresh in a pot outside that I can harvest from.


I disturbed Keala's nap this morning. 

Go away!
Pesky humans!
Leave me alone.
Maybe if I act like I'm sleeping she'll go away.

Just before the Zoom call, Susan texted me a couple of photos. One was of a hibiscus near where she was at in Kona. The other was of her foot; she had a couple of misadventures. 


Just before dinner Keala was napping again. I got her to move to the cat napping space & free up the human napping space.

Napping turf war.
Keala moves to the shark bed.
Peace is restored.

For dinner I used the almond tortillas that Sarah had left. I spread some cream cheese and soy chorizo on them and made a quesadilla.


The Aix weather app forecast a partly cloudy day all day here and a little bit of precipitation in Kapaʻau. I couldnʻt tell for sure, but it looked like there were no rain clouds over Kohala today.

At 10:40 it looked pretty clear up north.
A few hours later clouds rolled in at CFHT but still looked good up north.

I found a couple of rentals for Sarah today; I also started sending them to Evan so he could get an idea of what is out there. But the biggest news today is that Aunty Doris was able to get in touch with cousin Kellie's partner John. They had been renting out the basement apartment of thier Waimea home to visitors but Kellie had been in charge of that. Since the pandemic there was also a change in vacation rentals so he stopped doing that and the unit is vacant. He said he would entertain a long term rental and they should let him know when they would like to take a look at it so he can have the caretaker make sure it is cleaned up.


Today is the 1st day of hurricane season for the Central Pacific; the hurricane prediction folks say there will be 2 to 5 tropical cyclones this year. Today there is nothing forming; but there is a tropical storm in the Eastern Pacific that actually started a couple of days ago. Their season starts about 2 weeks earlier than ours. Sometimes the Eastern Pacific storms make it to the Central Pacific before they peter out. A couple times they have come all the way over & threatened to make landfall; like Douglas last year. As in past years, as storms form in the Central Pacific I will start listing their progress here. As Eastern Pacific storms begin to approach the Central Pacific, I will note that here also.

This is in the Eastern Pacific.

There were 56 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 36,332. There were no new deaths reported keeping the death toll at 500; currently 757 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 32 with a 1.4% positivity rate. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Leigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment