Saturday, June 19, 2021

iFOBT Kit

One of the things Dr. Pham discovered yesterday is that they never received the Immunological Fecal Occult Blood colon cancer screening test (iFOBT) kit they sent me earlier in the year. I distinctly remember sending it back; we are not sure why it never arrived. But they sent me home with another kit. I got a sample today, but I need to wait until Monday to send it in.


I made a mango proothie this morning. I added a heaping tablespoon of sour cream to make it more like a lassi. I cut up the remaining mangoes & put them in the freezer to use later; too many of the others had started to go bad.


While I was starting my proothie, my phone dinged. I had a text saying Kai's prescription was ready to pick up. While we were trying to get his meds worked out, he was having trouble remembering to refill his prescriptions so I was doing that for him, but we had to change the notifications to my phone number in order for me to fill out all of the online information for the ordering & payment. When he does his own ordering he pays for it when he goes to pick it up.

I called Kai to let him know his prescription was ready for pick up. We had a nice chat. We also discovered my phone does very aggressive noise canceling when I have it in speaker mode which gave him some interesting feedback. (I put it on speaker so I could make my proothie.) He said not visible in Wednesday's photo of the deer was that he was parked under a cherry tree & the deer was eating dropped cherries, some of which were likely fermented. He thinks the deer may have been a little inebriated so was ignoring him in the truck. Or it could be that it really enjoyed the fermented cherries & was willing to take the chance of being close to a human to get more.

I am feeding Keala little bits of the kitty toothpaste. Dr. Lau from Purradise Cat Care said to brush her teeth twice a week. Since I am not brushing them but just feeding it to Keala I think I will do it 3 times a week until I can get her to allow me to brush her teeth. And I discovered S'mores does not care for the seafood flavor either. (The Roommates have the chicken flavor toothpaste which Luna & S'mores donʻt like.)

I put the toothpaste on the finger toothbrush so she gets used to it.


For dinner I had baked salmon and avocado again. 


After dinner, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate & I checked the area where he wants to build some plant shelves. His plan is to build a shelf for his bonsai plants and have t shade cloth top. His initial thought was to have the top about 6 feet high; it was to be the same width as the shelf. I recommended putting a mock up where he wanted to build it & watch where the shadows are cast during the mid to late afternoon. 

White dotted line shows approximate location of proposed planting shelter.

The Aix weather app forecast precipitation through mid afternoon but there was none here. On Hawai'i Island it forecast rain through out the day in Kapa'au; the CFHT webcam showed clouds right around the mountain & some up in Kohala but they did not look like rain clouds.

CFHT webcam, 3:53 p.m.

There were 70 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 37,284. There was also 1 new death reported increasing the death toll to 511; currently there are 665 cases considered active. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Bruddah Ace! A me ka Hauʻoli Juneteenth! A celebration of Texas slave ownersʻ refusal to set their slaves free. The Union Army forced them to do it on this day in 1865, almost 3 years after slavery was abolished by the Emancipation Proclamation & about 6 weeks after the end of the Civil War. Way to go, Texas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment