Monday, June 21, 2021

Exercise Snacking

Dr. Ron's 2nd COVIDEO is about the risks of prolonged sitting. He cites some pretty amazing findings about how little activity is actually needed to reverse some of the effects of our bad behaviors. In this video he explains the concept of Exercise Snacking; I am all for that kind of snacking!


I made a beet greens proothie this morning. I also added some cinnamon which has been said to help with lowering A1C levels. I am using Saigon cinnamon (Cinnamomum loureiroi), which has a higher coumarin content than true Ceylon cinnamon (C. verum), thus usage is no more than 1 to 6 grams per day; I am using a 1/4 teaspoon which is about 0.5 g. It also adds a little more flavor to my proothie. But I think I might switch to adding it to my evening collagen drink which I also mix with chaga; it might help neutralize the flavor of my current chaga mix.


About 9 this morning I saw I had an email from Hawaiian Airlines about a survey; the 1st 1000 responders would get 500 Hawaiian Miles. I clicked on the link to do the survey. And found out that they had enough responses. After just 1 hour. Auē! Guess I need to be checking my email earlier!


I discovered a bunch of spam in the comments folder for this blog. When I created the blog, I checked the box saying I needed to verify comments before they are posted. And in the beginning I would get emails that someone had made a comment, so I would go & check & confirm or deny publication. I think when Blogger switched over to the new format they must have changed some things, like the notifications that people made comments. I found I had about 30 comments that I had not read; I took care of that today. If yours was one of those, that's why it did not show up; it should be there now. There were also a bunch that Blogger filtered as "spam"; I deleted all of those. 

Some of the spam comments.

I met with Wai, Morgan, Daniel, & Sharon at the Kaimukī Rain Garden site this afternoon. Stuart from the City & County also met us there. We discussed the project & actually walked through possibilities. Having everyone there was great; we got to see more of what people had in mind for the project & also talk about a timeline. We will be doing it in phases & it looks like the 1st phase will be completed by the end of the year at least, that is what all parties would like to see. In the photos below for Phase 1 the red dotted lines below generally show current flow patterns, blue dotted lines generally show proposed flow patterns, and yellow ovals generally show excavation or fill areas with comments.

Curb cuts will be made to allow water to flow into grassy swale.

The Ice Cream bananas are ripe! But the Apple Bananas are not. I had wanted compare their taste side-by-side but won't be able to do that. I ate one of the Ice Cream Bananas today; I did not think it tasted any better than other bananas.

Ice Cream Bananas (L) & Apple Bananas.

The Aix weather app once again forecast rain through the early afternoon in Honolulu; there was only a very brief drizzle early in the morning. The rest of the day was sunny and down right hot when we were checking out the rain garden. Aix also said it would be raining through midafternoon in Kapaʻau, then again in the evening; I looked at other webcams on Hawaiʻi Island to see if I could find any in North Kohala. I was not able to find one. But it did look like the whole island had some cloud cover.

CFHT webcam at 8:23 a.m.
Hilo Bay from Pacific Tsunami Museum webcam at 8:25 a.m.

Waikoloa Hilton webcam at 9:44 a.m.
At 9:49 a.m.
CFHT at 6:52 p.m.; might be some rain drops on right side of lens.
Waikoloa Hilton at 6:53 p.m.
Hilo Bay at 6:53 p.m.

There were 14 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 37,367. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 513; currently 632 cases are considered active. There have now been 1,651,129 doses of vaccine administered, moving 57% of the population to fully vaccinated status; at least 62% of the population has received at least 1 dose of vaccine.  


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Shannen, Vi, & Rylee! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki ʻekolu e Mary & Steven!

No comments:

Post a Comment