Friday, June 18, 2021

Visit with Dr. Pham

I had my annual physical this morning with Dr. Pham; my previous visit was last June. We discussed how I have not been very good over the last year with my exercise and diet. She is going to give me 4 months before we do more tests to see if I can improve a couple of my lab results just by diet and exercise alone. Which is where I was prior to the pandemic.

The view from the waiting area.
Some educational material in exam room.
They'll have to update this once they figure out COVID-19.
There are 16 languages/dialects listed here.

Today's proothie was a beet greens proothie. I love the flavor of beet greens, they have an earthy, beet flavor.


I stopped at Times on the way home to pick up some furikake salmon for lunch. I arrived just as their deli was opening up so the line was very long; in fact it was half way down the aisle. I did get to see some interesting things in that aisle. Like the "instant" pancake that you could buy. It would be almost as easy to buy a box of Bisquick, measure it out, and make a whole bunch more pancakes for the same price!

Each cup is one serving.
For a little more you could make a whole lot of pancakes.

Today they did not have furikake salmon; today it was baked salmon. With a really nice tomato based sauce on it. I had the salmon along with half an avocado for lunch. It was great!


After lunch I decided to get started with my exercise program. I hooked up the exercise bike in the living room and started to pedal. Based on previous work I did with getting back in to shape for biking I started with 5 minutes; that was the goal. I made it about 3 minutes; I am really out of shape! 

I haven't figured out what all these things mean.

Before I even got out of bed this morning, Kai had IMed me a photo of a sign on one of the mail cages he was delivering today. His text said, "Official US Post Office taxonomy includes both bugs and whatever." Apparently there was a shipment of live chicks in that mail cage.


I sort of tried to brush Keala's teeth today. Because it is an enzymatic cleaner I decided to 1st see if she liked the taste; she did! So I will just be feeding it to her as a treat in the beginning & slowly try to use the finger toothbrush & actually brush her teeth.


I grabbed a screenshot of the Aix weather app when I was awakened by the ping from Kai's IM. The forecast said there would be rain until the mid afternoon; it was not correct.

At 9:31 a.m., clouds but no rain.

There were 44 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the known total cases up to 37,214. There were 3 new deaths reported bringing the death toll up to 510; currently 660 cases are considered active. 


No comments:

Post a Comment