Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Vegan Bi Bim Bap

I decided to pick up lunch at Juicy Brew today; I really wanted the Sweet'n'Sour Karaage Chick'n Donburi that I saw yesterday. Unfortunately they were all out of it by the time I got ready to put in my order. I ended up with JB-Bimbap; I also got a Chocolate-Mac Nut Cookie & a Chai Ginger Ale. It was quite large so I was going to eat half today but it was so good I ate it all in one sitting.


I had the last fennel greens proothie from the CSA box; it was great! Tomorrow will be beet greens. Or, more accurately, beet stems with a little bit of greens. The proothie will be redder than normal.


As I was getting ready to leave the house, I shifted my weight on the chair to stand up & there was a loud cracking sound! I discovered the screws holding the seat to the chair legs had fallen out again. This is the 2nd time I am having to put the screws back in; I'm going to have to get some locking washers so they don't keep coming loose.


I got the iFOBT results back today. Like the last 4 times, it was negative.


The cats were in their usual morning napping places.

Luna.
Keala.

For those of you who are thinking I am complaining too much about the feral pigs, there was a recent study about the impact of feral pigs on the ecosystem. Among other things, they found that in Polynesia nearly 20% of species are impacted by feral pigs. 


The Aix weather app forecast it would be partly cloudy in Honolulu, which appeared to be true. For Kapaʻau it showed rain starting about 8 in the morning & continuing through the remainder of the day; it didn't appear to do that. But the interesting thing was the temperatures; at 4:30 a.m. Honolulu & Marysville were basically the same temperature. Two hours later Marysville was 6 degrees hotter than Honolulu and 13 degrees hotter than Kapaʻau!

Waikoloa at 9:43 a.m.
CFHT at 9:43 a.m.
Honomu at 9:45 a.m.
Hilo Bay at 9:43 a.m.
Kaimukī at 2:53 p.m.
Waikoloa at 7:37 p.m.
CFHT at 7:36 p.m.

There were 33 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 37,702. There were no new deaths reported, so they death toll remains at 516; currently there  are 551 cases considered active. The current vaccination rate is 57.8% of the total population. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 27 with a 1.4% positivity rate. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment