Saturday, June 12, 2021

Hulō, Dr. Sally!

I had a great Zoom conversation with Sally this morning! I spoke with her about an hour before the drive-by graduation celebration she was having at her house; I also got to wish her & Vincent a Happy Early Anniversary! And I also talked to her oldest daughter Zhara. Sally's doctorate is in education; she will be continuing her work with underserved families to increase equity within the school district she currently works in. I am so proud of her! Hulō, Dr. Sally!

(From Facebook)

I made a mango proothie this morning; Saturday is my Feast Day so I can have extra calories. If I have special ingredients I tend to use them in my proothies on Saturday. I think I will have to freeze some of the mangoes because I won't be able to eat all of them before they go bad.

 

After talking with Sally & her family, I Ubered for The Bronco Dude. (Is that even a verb?) We started at Lowe's which was actually a stop more for me; I needed to pick up another drip irrigation system for the Kohala house. I want to plant out the white and red ginger starts along the south side of the house where the feral pigs dug up all the heliconia tubers. So although there is a light rain most evenings, I want to ensure they have enough daily moisture to get a good start. I learned something doing all those mitigation plantings; irrigation in the 1st year is very important in establishing healthy plants. 

I substitute sprayer heads for the drip emitters.

After Lowe's we went to Costco to pick up some supplies, then we headed to Home Depot so The Bronco Dude could get a replacement ceiling fan.


While I was looking at Home Depot I thought about installing a fan at the Kohala house for the summer when it is hot. I will have to pay attention when I am there in July to see whether it gets hot enough to justify a ceiling fan.

I would get one like this with a light fixture.

Our final stop was Safeway for some fruits and seltzer water. We did a good job filling up the back of the Crosstrek!

Did you know Safeway is giving out COVID-19 shots?

Later in the evening, I picked up this week's CSA box. I was glad to find 2 hands of apple bananas; now I will have something to compare the ice cream bananas to.


I got my weekly progress report from Duolingo this morning. Although it told me I was doing "good work this week", it also showed me that I did less studying this week than I did last week.


The Aix weather app forecast rain through the early afternoon. This was during the period I was helping The Bronco Dude run errands. We did not get rained on. Don't have a clue how things were going in the other areas.

Looking towards Tantalus from Ala Wai Boulevard.

My friend Tricia had chickens on her car yestrday. I wonder if she was at Zippy's Kahala?


Tropical Storm Carlos has formed in the Eastern Pacific; it is currently at about 125 degrees W latitude so still far away from us. But it does show up on the Central Pacific graphic. As you can see in the expanded graphic of the path predicted for Carlos, the storm will take a severe right turn around Tuesday night and head north as it loses steam. It does not appear that it will enter the Central Pacific region.


There were 104 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 36,975. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains 506; currently 788 cases are considered active. 


No comments:

Post a Comment