Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Young Brothers Reservation

I went ahead and made a reservation with Young Brothers to ship the Crosstrek to Kawaihae; it has to be at the Honolulu pier on July 14th. Which means I will need Curtis to help me since I will already be on Hawaiʻi Island; there is also other paperwork I need to complete since he is not the legal owner. This is the earliest date I can have it shipped; I decided to set up the reservation so if Sarah's car is delivered in time I can amend the reservation & ship her car instead. Either way we need a 2nd car on the island during the Obon period; it can later be used to shuttle Sarah & family around.


I had another beet green proothie this morning. But there was no basil in this one. I need to make sure I have some basil in my next one tomorrow morning; it enhances the flavor. 


I have continued to send Sarah & Evan potential rentals. But I was wondering if I was wasting my time since something she had written yesterday indicated to me that she would rather wait until she was on Hawai'i Island to look at things. It seemed like she was having trouble thinking about the different options, so I talked to Sarah again today. It does seem like she is having trouble figuring out what she wants. I shared some information with her about creating a rubric to help in their house search. So I will continue sending them links to potential rentals; it will also give them an idea of what the prices are in different areas of the island. Here's what I sent them today.

This one doesn't have a stove, just a convection oven & microwave.
This one has a wet bar on the large lanai.

Later in the afternoon Ben called. Although he sent me a photo of the boards that were replaced on the ramp he said they were not rotten, they were termite eaten. He recommended rebuilding the ramp with Trex composite decking; this will increase the cost of the replacement but I will have a longer lasting ramp.

Here's what my finger looks like; the one that the kitten bit a month ago. It was bleeding when I was 1st bitten. I think the kitten only nicked my cuticle but did not puncture my nail even though it bruised the tissue under it.


As usual, the cats were sleeping this morning. Keala started out on top of the cat tree but moved down to the sofa. S'mores was under the bottom bed of the bunk bed. And Luna was on The Roommates bed.

Keala.
Keala again; the photo of Luna would not load properly.

S'mores.

For dinner I sauteed the soy chorizo along with some scrambled eggs. I also had salad with it. But I forgot to take a photo of my dinner. would make it again!

The Roommates and I prepared the guest bedroom for Susan's arrival tomorrow. Luna has been sleeping on both bunk beds and S'mores has been sleeping under the bottom bed so all the sheets and pillow cases got washed today. I also ran the Roomba in there, then closed the door so there is no new cat hair in the room!

I texted Paris this afternoon. We'll be getting together tomorrow morning for breakfast at a place near her apartment.

The Aix weather app forecasted a partly cloudy day. It seemed to be accurate today.


There are no cyclones in the Central Pacific region and Tropical Storm Blanca in the Eastern Pacific has been downgraded to a tropical depression. It is expected to dissipate some time tomorrow or the next day; its not anywhere close to the Central Pacific boundary.

This evening there was a magnitude 4 earthquake 6 miles below the Lõʻihi Seamount; it did not generate a tsunami. Lōʻihi is also a volcano, in a few 100,000 years it will either become another island or it will connect up to Hawaiʻi Island and make it even bigger! In ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi, lōʻihi means tall.


There were 25 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 36,357. There were no new deaths reported keeping the death toll at 500; currently 709 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 29 with a 1.3% positivity rate. Today the Mayor was scheduled to determine whether Oʻahu could move to Tier 4, however, under the currently approved tier system, the 7-day average would have to be less than 20 with a less than 1% positivity rate, which we do not meet. The Mayor had submitted an amendment to the Governor for approval that includes vaccination rates as part of the package; it has not yet been approved.  

This is new. This might be part of the GIS volunteer work I was informed about.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Patricia, Ken, Janet, Marla, & Fatima!

No comments:

Post a Comment