Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Concrete & Asphalt

I was incorrect on the permanent concrete over the new lines. I thought that's what they were doing yesterday since that's what I saw on Mana Place and there was a concrete truck there. They are actually placing a concrete strip immediately over the line with an asphalt patch over the top of it.


This morning it was cloudy but dry. There were rain showers last night and early this morning; everything was wet for my morning walk. This rain shower pattern is supposed to continue for a few days; hopefully it will encourage more mushroom production so I can figure out what is growing in Jimmy's parking strip.


Dad was asleep with breakfast in front of him when I got to his room. He woke up briefly but didn't eat a thing or drink his supplements. He slept very soundly until lunch.

The mid-morning walk was a little warmer than the morning walk, but there were enough clouds in the sky that it didn't get too hot. One of the Kolea was on the roof, I didn't see the other; there was a dog that was just leaving the park as I passed by. I also saw Tom with Mero & Jellie walking by the park; Chona had to work today so it was just the 3 of them.


Towards the top of Lurline I heard the sound of rushing water again; I looked up to see another mini-flash-flood coming down the swale again.


As I was nearing the parking lot, Tui the backhoe operator stopped me; he had seen me in the morning and on several other days. He wanted to know how far I walked and how many times I went around. I said 3 times. I saw him on my afternoon walk and clarified that I only walked down to the park and not to the bottom of Wilhelmina Rise and that I was only doing 4.1 miles/day this week; he said that was still a lot.
Tui working on the road yesterday.

Lunch today was Garlic chicken, Brown rice, Tuscan mix vegetables, Garden salad, Carrot cake, and Thai chicken curry & rice soup. I tried the soup; it was okay but I don't think they should serve a curry dish with a garlic dish. Dad ate 3/4 of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich today!


It started to rain before my afternoon walk but it didn't last long.


I found a flattened brown anole in the parking lot as I started out on my afternoon walk. Down at the park both Kolea were on the field and very relaxed about it.


I think Shiro is coming to expect every time I walk in to the bedroom I will be bringing his food in to him so he can eat on the bed! He meowed at me last night when I walked in without the food; when I carried him over to his bowl he just looked at me. I had to return him to the bed and put the bowl in front of him before he would eat! I guess that's what I get for trying to encourage him to eat so he will stop losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment