Thursday, October 25, 2018

I Love My Hokas!

The morning walk was very pleasant! During the walk, Steph stopped to talk to me because she noticed that we had the same brand of shoes: Hoka One One; Steph has the low cut style. Our experience with them has been the same; they are very comfortable & worth the money. Somehow the discussion got around to me being a field biologist; it turns out her daughter Lauren is interested in working outdoors with plants. We talked for a long while.
My high-top Hoka One Ones provide more support for the ankle with the torn ligaments.

One thing I discovered while looking up the link for Hoka One One is that they are now showing their new line of shoes and the style I have is being discontinued! Oh, no! They are on sale and they have my size; I am contemplating buying another pair so I have them when I wear my current pair out. Which I might do before it is time for the Great Aloha Run with all the walking I am doing to get in shape to do the GAR.

The weather this morning was pleasant, not too hot, not too cold, and with a nice breeze. I saw a bold Kolea on Maunalani Circle; it was standing in the middle of the road and only moved about 3 feet farther away when I walked by it. Tui was just starting up his day; he says they have a couple more weeks of work on closing things up.


Dad was awake and sitting in the Orchid Dining Room when I arrived. He had picked at his breakfast and was working on the supplements. He ended up eating less than 25% of the solid food but all of his liquid supplements.

The mid-morning walk was also pleasant; I saw the bold Kolea again, it was on the lawn. As I passed Tui this time he flashed 2 fingers at me; I nodded to let him know it was Walk #2 for the day!



On my way back in to Maunalani, while I wait for the elevator to take me back to Dad's floor, I stand in front of the fan by the elevator. But today it was off; I think it is because the trade winds are blowing so well today. :(


Lunch today was Pork stew, Steamed rice, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Brownie, and Chicken jook. Dad sat out on the lanai with me during lunch; it started out partially sunny but ended up drizzling. Dad ate the brownie from my tray and all his supplements; I noted it as 25%. There was a dead roach on the back walkway out to the lanai; I'm guessing roach bait since its not in an area where it can be run over by a car or caught by a Kolea.




During my afternoon walk the sky was scattered clouds and there was a nice breeze blowing. I saw both of the Kolea at the park.
I like clouds!

The Roommates were both coming home late so I ate dinner by myself. I had picked up salad fixings and poke! Yum!


I have always liked the looks of my clavicle; but I realized last night, I can't see it any more. I wonder how much more fat I need to lose in order to be able to see my clavicle again?


Happy Birthday to John!

No comments:

Post a Comment