Monday, October 22, 2018

The Subaru Gets a Bath

I try to take the Subaru to the car wash every month to get it washed, waxed, and tires polished; I missed the last couple of months & it was looking quite dirty. Today I went after my first morning walk, Google said the first couple hours are the least busy and it was. I got in and drove almost up to the vacuuming station. It took me just as long to get to McKinley Car Wash via freeway as it did to get through the car wash; I'll have to try a different route next time.

Camo building seen from the car wash.

The morning walk was comfortable; most of it was in shade or weak sunlight. It was 1.56 miles long at 2.8 mph. I was surprised at the lack of other walkers this morning.


My mid-morning walk was also mainly in shade or under weak sunlight. Due to the construction on Maunalani Circle I skipped that part of the walk but still managed to do 1.21 miles at 2.7 mph. One of the Kolea was on top of the park building; I didn't see the other. The last quarter of the walk it began to drizzle; it was refreshing! By the time I got to the overlook it had turned into a rain.




The afternoon walk was the hottest of the day; probably because I had started an hour or so earlier than usual when it is still quite warm. Towards the end of my walk I found that the tree trimmers that I had seen on Lurline during my mid-morning walk were still working on that bunch of trees a couple houses down from Jimmy's house that I saw them at earlier in the day. They had made progress but still had a ways to go. I discovered I could see them from the lanai where I do my cool down stretches. The afternoon walk was 1.29 miles at 2.8 mph for a total of 4.06 miles today; if I leave from the entry doors rather than from in the upper parking lot I should be able to get my full 4.1 miles completed.
The tree trimmer can be seen over the roof of the middle house in the bucket of the cherry picker.

Since Curtis had something scheduled for the afternoon,  I did the evening shift today. It was about 7 when I left and the moon was out. I had parked in the lower lot so I got to walk out in to a relatively deserted lot; I could hear a lot of the insects and other noises of the night.


I finished Ghost Story today. The next Harry Dresden audiobook is Bombshells from the Side Jobs collection of short stories.


Happy Birthday to Mikie B. & Roblin!

No comments:

Post a Comment