Saturday, October 27, 2018

Halloween Costume Contest

Maunalani held a Halloween costume contest this morning for residents and their family & friends; Dad did not want to get out of bed to watch the activities. There were about a dozen kids and about a half dozen older kids participating. Czar & Arceli led the group around the facility visiting the residents. An Angel and an Astronaut won the kids division of the costume contest; Uncle Tony, dressed as a surgeon, won the older kids division. Later the contestants shared some snacks; the Penguin now has a new girlfriend! I skipped my mid-morning walk to watch the contest.
Getting ready to visit the residents.
Visiting the nurses station.
Angel leading the parade.
Arceli (L) and Czarina (R).
Cookie & Milk.
Penguin.
Luigi.
Lilo & Stitch.
Toby the Devil.
Kids in costume.
Older kids in costume.
Angel & Penguin.

My morning walk was mainly under cloud cover; I was only walking in the sunshine for a couple of minutes. I saw Steph, who introduced me to Lorraine who also walks in the morning; previously I had only seen Lorraine when I was driving. I also saw Roxanne again; she & Scout were in front of her brother's house. She will be returning to BC in a few days; she had an enjoyable time while she was here. I picked a fully opened mushroom from Jimmy's parking strip; I'm still waiting for the spore print.

Dad was in bed eating his breakfast; he had finished nearly all of the solid food on his plate! By the time he was done he had eaten all the food on the plate and drank all the supplements. Yay!

Lunch today was Sweet Dijon basa, Steamed rice, Sauteed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. Dad ate all the cake, 1/4 of his sandwich, and all the supplements.


Because I skipped the mid-morning walk to go to the costume contest, I did that longer walk during the afternoon. I decided to try it later in the day since it was nice and breezy; it turned out to be quite pleasant. I saw a cattle egret sitting on a car on Maunalani Circle.


I did my final walk in the evening. I walked out to the freeway and back in 16 minutes for 0.85 miles at 3.1 mph for a total of 4.06 miles today.  

Last night we found out that The Potential Most Favorite Roommate was one of the Top 100 winners of a hair styling contest at Regis Salons! His model was The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes.


Happy Birthday to Timothy!

No comments:

Post a Comment