Monday, October 29, 2018

KOA Bound

I am posting this from the gate while waiting for Hawaiian Airlines flight #398, heading for Kona tonight. Tomorrow I am meeting with ProVision Solar; on Wednesday Aunty Daisy, Scott, & Wakana arrive & I take them around in Kohala, Hilo, & Waimea.


This morning I walked with LaVie for one lap around Maunalani Circle before we split up and went out separate ways. I saw Dawn, Chloe, & Coco down at the park; I also saw Maggie & Bella and Gwen. It was a nice morning for walking!


I checked the mushroom by the bus stop; someone mashed it but I could still tell that it was turning a little green. The ones at Jimmy's weren't doing much except turning brown & drying up. But I did find another one that I picked and put in a white bag; later it was turning green. They're both Chlorophyllum molybdites, the inedible one.
Mushrooms at the bus stop.
Mushroom at Jimmy's.
Jimmy's mushroom.
Close-up of Jimmy's mushroom showing the gills turning green.

I also found a flattened bird. I still have not figured out what it is.
Unknown flattened bird, possibly a White-rumped Shama.

When I arrived a bunch of the CNAs were taking photos for Halloween. I like that they do a lot of celebrations and include the staff as well as residents.


Dad got up and ate in the Orchid Dining Room today but didn't eat much. He also went to the Namaste massage today; he was quite active this morning which was nice to see.
Okay, so he spent more time sleeping than eating.

During my mid-morning walk I met Mimi; she lives just uphill of Jimmy. Although the strip next to the road in front of her house is clearly in the right of way, I asked her for permission to pick mushrooms; her mailbox is in the hedge & I didn't want her to think I was trying to get her mail! It turns out she is taking mushroom-derived supplements from Fungi Perfecti; she told me it was OK to come on to her property & pick mushrooms in her yard. She said she would even call me to come and check on mushrooms she finds!


Across from Jimmy's house I saw a few other mushrooms in the parking strip. One of them had a slimy cap, I mean a really slimy cap; think 'personal lubricant' slimy. I'm not doing a spore print on that one because not many mushrooms are slimy when they are not wet from precipitation; that narrows down the possibilities significantly.

The one on the right is the slimy one.


Lunch today was Oriental shoyu chicken, Steamed rice, Malibu blend vegetables, Garden salad, Peanut butter bar, and Tomato red pepper bisque soup. Dad ate one bite of the peanut butter bar and drank all his supplements.


For most of the day it has been overcast. In the afternoon there was one small patch of intense sun. I spent some time taking photos of a couple of the decorations I have seen while walking
Skeleton dog on Lurline.
Jack has a headache on Sierra.

At my weigh-in this morning I was pleasantly surprise to find that I had lost 1.3 pounds since Friday! And that was with eating dinner out last night and also having Dark Chocolate Sorbet from Via Gelato! Hopefully working out on the treadmill will keep me in track for my walking schedule as well as help with the fat-burning. I rewarded myself with trying one of the omiyage from Barbara; I tried the one shaped like a chestnut; it tasted like chestnut.


I'm still not sure of whether the guacamole keeper is useful or not. What do you think? Which one looks better?


I am lucky to have great roommates! The Roommate Who Likes Washing Dishes will be giving Shiro his prednisolone & feeding the cats. And The Potential Most Favorite Roommate is taking Shiro in for his 2 vet appointments while I am gone.
Shiro's med basket. He's only got one med but in 3 different forms.

Happy Birthday to John & cousin Aimee! And Happy 13th Anniversary to Jeremy & Karina!

No comments:

Post a Comment